Highlighted

Proxy files for still images?

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there anyway to create low res image files and use them like Proxy files? I literally have 60GB of Images in this project I'm working on and would like to make low res versions to save space on my working media drive and switch back to the high quality images later

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

You can batch stills to lower resolution in Ps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proxy files for still images?

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there anyway to create low res image files and use them like Proxy files? I literally have 60GB of Images in this project I'm working on and would like to make low res versions to save space on my working media drive and switch back to the high quality images later

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Editing requires lots of space.  If you need more, get it.  Don't try to get around this requirement.

2. The currently available proxy formats are video/audio only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I store my stills on a HDD or do I need an SSD? I have a 4TB HDD but only a 2TB SSD and my pictures already take up 1TB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think hdd will do just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 1
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I did find out I can batch transfer my images to another resolution with the same names. I will link small versions when I edit on my SSd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 0
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but how nice it would be if you could just do it quicker in Premiere Pro like the video proxies - can't see why that isn't possible? I mean a still is only one frame after all. 

Fast workflow is the main aim  - if you are batch processing in PhotoShop you have to open that up, import (er.. sorry in PS that's called 'Open' which endlessly trips me up as ALL other programmes call import import...) then  work out the batch process and then weork out where to store the new low res stills etc. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Averdahl LATEST
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean a still is only one frame after all.

Probably because of just that. Working with large stills is pretty non-demanding and thus there is no need for a proxy workflow with stills to speed up things. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0