Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy > recconnect full resolution media issues

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

So using RedCine, I created a proxy, from Red to Prores 1920x1080. Then I started editting the prores at 1920X1080. Now that I am ready to recconnect full resolution media. The Red footage comes in at 3840 x 3072 and is not to scale with the Sequence. It is way huger, and I would have to scale it down. I feel as if I did something wrong, or missed a step. Now that I am done editting with the proxies, Ideally I am looking for a timeline with all Full Res so I can move on to the next stages of Post.

Do I need to change the Sequence settings?

Was editing the proxies at 1920X1080 a mistake? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used redcine X to interpret the raw footage ( debayer and make linear ) at full HD prores than you probaby exported that from redcine X. It's not a proxy so much as new video files. Names of files could be the same but it's a different animal.

Adobe would probably do a better job of creating a proxy if you did it directly in Adobe instead of from Redcine and then importing those exported files from redcine. 

I doubt if it matters though... just work with the full HD stuff for your next step in post as prores. Otherwise you kinda missed the boat re: how to work those files from red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be totally wrong as I haven't tested red stuff since the first camera came out and I had to use redcine to get an intermediate to edit in Adobe when it was CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be correct about me "exporting the files from Redcine x" creating new files instead of a proxy. They do have the same name, maybe not a proxy. 

That being the case. I'm not confident on the next step, should I create a new sequence at 3840 x 3072, copy my timeline from the prores version in to it, then swap in the Red footage? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know a solution cause I only have old cs6 program. I use resolve but that won't help you. There's a guy here who has used red footage in your version of adobe so maybe he'll see this and give some advice.

Maybe at least try your idea re: new sequence, see what happens. I doubt xml or edl would help. In worse case maybe export a file from your prores version (like mov h264 ) so you can use it to conform (duplicate by timecode etc.) the new edit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the sequence to match the red footage in the sequence settings.

Set the editing mode to custom first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines