Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very very large project, all 4K footage shot on an F5 with 8 Audio Tracks.

I meticulously organised bins for the footage, I then modified the footage audio from 8 tracks to 2 track mono as there were only 2 mics.

I then tested the footage on my timeline and all is fine... 1 video instance along with 2 mono tracks... just as expected.

I then tested my proxy workflow and all was perfect...1 video instance along with 2 mono tracks...

Just as a double check I imported a proxy file back into premiere as a standalone file and it was just as the original media

with 8 audio tracks... so all prefect to start the massive proxy creation of 3 Tbs of footage.

The strange thing is after making the proxies and opening the project and making sure all proxies were attached I then felt I could take the original media offline

while I cut... no need to use it as I have a great proxy workflow right? wrong?

As soon as I disconnect the original media for some strange reason the second audio track shows up without audio.

This occurs on the timeline and in the source window.

When I reconnect the original media the second audio track re appears.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend leaving the originals online.  Use internal drives only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I have never used internal drives for media as it has always created issues. Every NLE I have ever operated since they first

came out was always set up with external drives.

Is there a new way of doing things with respect to system setup?

I use an 8TB promise raid array on my system and do not want it filled with 1 project.

This is the only reason I am using proxies. (So I have room for other daily projects).

I also restrict the raid to 8Tb so archives don't take forever...

That being said, I am thinking it's a bug (I have placed a bug report) as I tried opening the project with proxies

on another system and all was fine and then the next day it wasn't.

Thanks for the reply Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used internal drives for media as it has always created issues.

That's...not normal.

I recommend the following arrangement for Adobe editing.  It offers both excellent speed and organization.

C: Windows and Programs

D: Project files, audio files, still images

E: Cache & Scratch

F: Camera media and proxies.

G: Exports

C, D and E can all be SSD's.  F and G will need the most space, and can get expensive when using SSD's.  Traditional hard drives might be better here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW...  I have the same proxy mutlichannel audio offline issue with Premiere Pro 14.3.1.

Our FS7 and Red Scarlet sources record audio as individual mono tracks.  My custom ingest presets match the audio configuration of these cameras, but in Premiere Pro the proxy audio files won't display or play any audio past channel 1.  QuickTime plays all of the audio tracks in the proxy files.

This is only a problem when the original source files are offline.  Our editors work from home and I send them only the proxy files so obviously this is a problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well you're doing better than I ever did with sony files with 8 audio tracks.  I could generate the proxies, but they'd never stay attached.   Maybe just generate aiffs of the 2nd audio track and group them with the camera original proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines