Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Issue

Guide ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I have a C200 RAW Clip a Full One Hour Shooting RAW 59.94fps  File Size 476 GB.

The Camera Shoots RAW 12Bit, 24fps, and 10Bit 60fps Cinema Raw.

Inside Premiere, Preset, I used ProsRes Low-Resolution Proxy, I noticed If I use H.264 Low-Resolution proxy, I get an error message of The selected preset does not support audio type.

If I use ProRes Low-Resolution proxy, I don't get the Audio error message,

But the bigger issue is I noticed the time remaining for creating a Proxy is around 8 hours.

Is this normal, is this Issue because of shooting 59.94fps?

My computer has 64Gig of Ram, and my C Drive Program File Drive is SSD, Also, I am using a Separate SSD Drive for Project files, and Cache files, and Proxy files.

2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD + 2TB SATA 7200RPM HDD

64GB, 2x32GB, DDR4, 2933Mhz

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) RTX 2070 SUPER(TM) 8GB GDDR6

Thank you very much.

Proxy isuue.jpg

C200-Error.jpg

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does that clip play on its own? If it plays OK, then go with it, otherwise, you want nothing to do with an h.264 proxy. So, either ProRes or Cineform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear MyerPj.

The Clip plays slow, that's why I like to create Proxy files. Is it normal for creating a Proxy to take many hours for a full hour of shooting RAW 476 Gig?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, interesting question. Sounds like a good time to do a couple tests.

1st thing I would do is start a new project, put your very long one hour clip in, and cut it so it's a nice 1 minute clip... one minute. That solves one problem right off the bat.

Now make your proxy. The h264 might be cause of the 4 channel audio as normally it's like 2 channel ( left and right ). So, don't use it. Use your prores thing instead and downscale that only to the export size you want. If you are shooting 8k and will export full HD, it's silly to use a proxy higher than your planned export ( cause you can use the proxy to export and save time ).

I have no clue what your camera is or codec etc. so I don't know what NORMAL would be to debayer and make that linear ( probably different for every platform on earth so there is no normal ). In this case, normal is YOU only. Hence the test.

See how the one minute works out. Make up your mind after that.

And, NO, it has nothing to do with the frame rate ( number of frames per second ) IMO.

good luck

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this way you just multiply the time it takes to do what you want by 60, and that's your NORMAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines