• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy multichannel audio media does not play all audio channels...

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 14.3.1

macOS 10.14.6

The basic problem is this - after creating proxies from our multichannel cameras (we have FS7s and RED Scarlets), not all of the audio channels appear or play when the original media is offline:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 12.55.45 PM.png

The missing audio will appear again when the original media is online.

To get more detailed - I've created custom ingest presets that match the audio configurations of all our cameras (FS7 has 8 channels mapped to 8 mono tracks and the RED Scralet has 2 channels mapped to 2 mono tracks, the A7Rs are stereo audio and DJI Mavics and GoPros are also stereo audio.)

This problem only affects our FS7s and RED Scarlets - our A7Rs, DJI Mavics and GoPros are fine.  The original media is offline because our editors work from home.

I've been able to duplicate the problem with Premiere Pro on multiple systems across different versions of Premiere Pro.  I had hoped this problem would have been solved in the latest version.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a solution?

I created a custom ingest preset for my Sony FX6 - 8 channels mapped to 8 mono tracks - but apparently only channel one is transfered to the proxy file. As you see the waveform indicates that all 8 channels have been filled with channel one, but in reality there is only sound on the first proxy-channel - the rest are mute...

??

Proxy-issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines