Exit

proxy not interpreting footage

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​Hi,

new proxy feature inside premiere.

When interpret footage from 30fps to 25fps the data isn't propagating through to the proxy, so

Proxy and full resolution footage do not match. 

Very unhappy as this cost me a lot of time and my client was not too impressed. Lucky it was not a new client.

Not sure if there is an easy work around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Proxy does not currently fully support Interpret Footage. There is a note of this towards the bottom of this help page: Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

Please feel free to submit a request for this support. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I do not know if it will meet your needs, but you could try leaving your Full Res and Proxy clips at 30fps and placing your clips in a 25fps Sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proxy does not currently fully support Interpret Footage. There is a note of this towards the bottom of this help page: Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

Please feel free to submit a request for this support. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I do not know if it will meet your needs, but you could try leaving your Full Res and Proxy clips at 30fps and placing your clips in a 25fps Sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Trent+Happel  wrote

Proxy does not currently fully support Interpret Footage.

Hi Trent

Is this still an issue / unsupported in the latest Premiere CC version?

Thanks

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Interpret Footage is still not supported for Proxy with the latest Premiere Pro 11.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent

Is this still an issue / unsupported in August 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick answer: yes. As in, yes meaning no, it's not supported yet.

Neither Interpreted time remapping nor allowance for audio channel changes/over-rides have made it into the proxy process yet. Both needed, really.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been addressed? I'm running into the same problem 5 years later. Please tell me that Adobe has worked on this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best thing is not to use the "wrong tool". Modify/Interpret is what most people use for setting slo-mo settings, and yea it's got problems.

But as the YouTube vid I'll link here shows, the same number of clicks gets you perfect functionality using Speed/Duration. Which can be applied to groups of clips in a timeline or bin. And doesn't have any issues with time ramps, proxies, anything.

Neil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDO9RIA_g2Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem for me. Putting mixed framerate in the timeline as suggested isn't a fix as it will not playback smooth. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling with this on several projects, I figured out a way I could get proxies and original footage to be synced after interpreting the footage. I haven't run extensive tests, so I can't pinpoint which steps are exactly necessary, but this is what I did.

After creating a new project and importing all the footage (without automatic ingestion for proxies), I manually created the proxies. After all the proxies were finished transcoding, I reinterpreted all the clips I wanted to- basically changed anything that had a higher framerate than my 23.976 fps timeline, because you can speed individual clips back up in the timeline later if slow motion isn't desired. This is all done before creating your first sequence. Then, when you drag all your clips into the sequence and toggle the proxies of reinterpreted clips, they should be synced up with the correct time of the original files. This works for me, at least.

Having only messed with this a bit, I feel like the key is to do all this before a single sequence exists. If I've done all these steps and create the sequence and then import new footage with new proxies and interpretation, those will not be synced. To clarify, the older clips will remain synced, but after creating a sequence, new proxies with time interpretation won't sync. I hope this helps someone, and I hope this "feature" will be added soon. I call it a"feature" and not a "bug" since they specifically state that time interpretation isn't supported with proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My biggest issue right now with creating the proxies manually in AME is getting a whole folder to automatically relink to the proxies when I try to attach them. When I have thousands of clips, I cannot attach one clip at a time.

I've futzed with this a lot. In some cases, it seems that the extension has to be capitalized me. And the suffix "_Proxy" is case sensitive. But even then, it doesn't work 99% of the time.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating proxies from Premiere as I described automatically links them back to the original footage. There shouldn't be any relinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about making proxies manually, either with AME or another app.

Moving this to a new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines