PROXY RECONNECT MEDIA

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have problem.

I edited a video using proxy files. So all files end "_Proxy".

I hnow normaly first i have to import RAW files and then make proxy.

When i want to reconnect files to original RAW i cant match the files....of course because the original files doesent end "_Proxy". Is there any way to recconect all files at ones? I dont want to replace all footage one by one there is a lot of files.

Thanks ❤️

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PROXY RECONNECT MEDIA

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have problem.

I edited a video using proxy files. So all files end "_Proxy".

I hnow normaly first i have to import RAW files and then make proxy.

When i want to reconnect files to original RAW i cant match the files....of course because the original files doesent end "_Proxy". Is there any way to recconect all files at ones? I dont want to replace all footage one by one there is a lot of files.

Thanks ❤️

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2021 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how you created your proxies and how you are trying to reconnect to the originals?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported RAW files to premiere pro and export proxies for another editor. He edited video using the proxies. Now i have the project and i need to reconnet RAW files. Look:Bez názvu-1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the future, the way to go is to create proxies with Premiere, and share the project as is with a copy of the proxy files. That way, Premiere will keep the links to the original media even if it's offline, and the editor can work with the proxies.

What seems to have happened in your case, is that the editor imported the proxies and so Premiere think it's these proxies that are the original media.

Now for the possible solutions, in the "Reconnect Full Resolution Media", under "Match File Properties", uncheck file name and try reconnecting using other criterias such as media start. If you're lucky, that should work.

If nothing else works, I suggest you use a batch renamer to add _Proxy to the original media files. I know it's not an ideal solution, but it would save you some time.

Since the editor worked with the proxies as original media, you might have to double check your sequence settings and rescale the clips on the timeline after you finish reconnecting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 0