• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy sync issue sony a7siii 100fps

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm trying to work with sony a7siii footage shot at 4k 100fps 422. It's a bit heavy for my PC so i have proxied all the footage. It seems to work well when i start working on the project although as soon as i reopen the project another time / adjust aspect ratio / clear rebuild previews / other things you would think you can do without problem, the proxies seem to desync. The proxies either playback at 4 times the speed or freeze on a single frame during playback.

I have tried creatinng a plethora of different proxies which is extremely time consuming. The same issue arrives everytime.

I don't want to interpret the footage to 25fps because i want the clip to playback at normal speed when i add t to the timeline, not have to readjust from 4 times slow moton.

The only time it seems to work alright is when i create hvec/h265 100fps at super low spec. It works fine for a little while and then the preview window randomly goes black and i have to either restart premiere or restart my pc and fire up the project again.

I have searched and search across all the interweb for someone with a similar problem and have found naught. so wondering if any of you could help.

PC Specs:

Asus Zenbook Pro Duo High Spec late 2019

i9980 HK

32GB ram 2667

RTX 2060 MaxQ

1TB Nvme

Proxies tried:

Gopro Cineform matched framrate (Which creates 60fps for some reason) 1mbps 1280x720

Gopro Cineform 50fps/25fps 1mbps 1280 x 720

Hvec/.h265 100fps/50fps/25fps 1mbps 1280x720

And a few others i can't remember.

I have also reinstalled every version of premiere from 14.4 - 14.9

I have used the adobe tool to clean and reinstall all adobe software multiple times.

I have spoken to adobe support on chat and on the phone many times over the past couple of weeks and they just keep asking me to clean reinstall different versions of premiere each time.

My work around at the moment:

Guess how it's going to look in the sequence > export > see how it looks > adjust and repeat.... i can't work like this!

Please help!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you should use same 100fps proxies for normal (not slo-mo) clips. And whatever needed fps for slo-mo parts (assuming you doing latter via 'interpret footage'). If AME do not allow 100fps, try this tool: proxy generator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying at all costs to avoid "interpret footage". I run and gun so easier to to shoot everything at 100fps therefore it's better for me to have all clips play at normal speed whether it be in preview window or timeline. I don't want to speed it up to 400% for normal.

I can create 100fps proxies in .h265 but it's causing stability issues with premiere so not ideal.

.h264 proxies = dsync/freeze frame/ sped up on play back

.h265 proxies = premiere crashes/random blackscreen in preview window*/unstable playback (sometimes plays back smooth, sometimes really choppy)

*switching renderer from CUDA to OpenCL seems to have fixed this but will see... like i said, random

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool I mentioned can create h264 proxies for any input fps. Likely work better than AME h265 version.

Also, try to turn off  HW-accel decoding in Preferences > Media, may help with stability issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do your best to stay away from interpret footage.

Have you tried creating your own proxy settings? You can do so with AME by creating a Encoding preset first, and then an Ingest preset based on it. I suspect there is something happening with the FPS settings, so you might want to keep it as Match Source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines