• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Workflow - "Relink others automatically" not working

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the middle of a full-length documentary and I'm working mostly with C100 .mts files.

I was editing with the native files up until my first rough cut and then machine really slowed down.

So, after much research and advice I decided to create ProRes proxies of all my footage.

Things were going fine, however every time I send my files to Media Encoder for proxy creation, Premiere freezes up and then I have to force quit.

Now when I open Premiere again, the video files do not link back to the proxies that were newly created since Premiere froze in the middle of that process.

So fine, I get it.  I'll just attach my video files to the new proxies. Great!

BUT, when I go into the attach proxy dialogue box and select "relink others automatically" (with using the 'finder' selection) it will not automatically relink even though all my proxies are in one folder on my media drive.  So I'm literally forced to sit here and attach each file one-by one. 

This seems like a major bug.

But, I'd love to know if there's a work around.

Thanks!

I'm on a MacBook Pro (early 2013) OS 10.12.2

2.7Ghz

16GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerusalemu613,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

1. Is this happening with new projects as well?

2. Are .mts files spanned?

Information: Check About spanned clips in this Importing assets into Premiere Pro from tapeless formats

3. Are you using custom preset to create proxies?

4. What is the location of the proxies? Is it external drive or internal drive? If possible provide the path.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

Thanks for the response. 

I started a new project from my old one. Cleared the cache and deleted all preview files.  Upgraded to the latest version of Premiere (11.0.2) and also the latest Mac OS (10.12.2)

Yes, some of my MTS clips are spanned.  They were all renamed and imported from Prelude, which wrote xmp files next to each media file.  But, I never had any problems automatically relinking files if they went offline. Why should the attach proxy command not work the same?  Seems like a bug in my opinion.

I'm using the 1280x720 ProRes Proxy setting.

All proxies are going into one folder on my external media drive, the same one with my original media.

Proxy path:  JU_Video 1 > BFL > Proxies

Media path: JU_Video 1 > BFL

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Murray,

Have you checked out Adobe Bridge? That's what I use to rename files quickly. Let me know if you need help with that. I have no trouble relinking proxies, but I do not use camera-generated proxies. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever any resolution to this? I'm sitting here a year and a half later doing the same thing: relinking the proxies to the original footage one file at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another year and a half later and I am still doing the same thing. Currently relinking all my proxies one by one. Is there any solution to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - This is still an issue for me.  Is there a work around? - it is impractical to relink the proxies one by one for a large project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I have found it's all to do with the files being named the same, which can be annoying because of course you wouldn't want to name your file and your proxy file the same thing, but I digress. 

On mac, it's easy enough to batch rename files in the finder

On windows though, I have not found an easy solution to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines