Highlighted

PrPro Run-Script Error appends random #’s to the name of every Sequence

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying PrPro glitch started a week or two ago, please help!

Whenever I switch to my “Color” workspace I get a “Run Script Error” pop-up message that says, “Object is Invalid.” I click OK and everything seems to work fine, except that random numbers will be added to the end of the names of every sequence in the project panel (see attached screenshots for error msg & appended #'s).

Fortunately this glitch does not seem to affect the performance or renders in any way but I’m meticulous about keeping my Project panel & file structure organized so this glitch is becoming really annoying!

I’ve tried Googling the issue several times and haven’t heard any other mention of this happening to anyone else. The only thing I can think to do is to uninstall/reinstall PrPro, but I have edits to crank out and don’t want to spend the next few hours setting back up all my preferences and layouts.

Anyone else come across this problem &/or have a quick-fix suggestion?

Cheers,

Eric

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.21.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 10.38.34 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PrPro Run-Script Error appends random #’s to the name of every Sequence

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying PrPro glitch started a week or two ago, please help!

Whenever I switch to my “Color” workspace I get a “Run Script Error” pop-up message that says, “Object is Invalid.” I click OK and everything seems to work fine, except that random numbers will be added to the end of the names of every sequence in the project panel (see attached screenshots for error msg & appended #'s).

Fortunately this glitch does not seem to affect the performance or renders in any way but I’m meticulous about keeping my Project panel & file structure organized so this glitch is becoming really annoying!

I’ve tried Googling the issue several times and haven’t heard any other mention of this happening to anyone else. The only thing I can think to do is to uninstall/reinstall PrPro, but I have edits to crank out and don’t want to spend the next few hours setting back up all my preferences and layouts.

Anyone else come across this problem &/or have a quick-fix suggestion?

Cheers,

Eric

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.21.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 10.38.34 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall ever seeing this before.  You can try the following.  Maybe something will help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
POwens LATEST
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced this exact issue.   Almost every sequence in my project now has random numbers appended to the end of the Sequence name.   What is going on here?

EDIT:   I did see this after a beachball/crash in the Color Workspace, but I did not see the error message noted above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines