• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Error when Exporting video to YouTube

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I have tried this twice now, exporting my video to YouTube, I have no idea what is wrong and why it is not working but it is really annoying. The export takes 4 hours and then when it finally finishes it just says error so my time was wasted, I am really confused and new to adobe so please help me out here.

-The error code looks like this:

Publish Error

{

"error":{

"errors":[

{

"domain": "global",

"reason": "authError",

"message": "Invalid Credentials",

"locationType": "header",

"location": "Authorization"

}

]

"code": 401,

"message": "Invalid Credentials",

}

]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend uploading your exports normally through your web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a preset to upload to YouTube that came from a previous version of Pr? If so, that's the problem. Unfortunately, there's a bug that prevents you from using older presets successfully. Check out the end of this thread for more info: AME 2018 won't stay logged in to Youtube

You said you were new to Adobe, so previous presets might not be the issue here. You need to provide more information. Are you logging into YouTube via Pr? You click the YT checkbox, then login, then a pop-up asks you to sign in, and you pick the channel you want to go to. After that you should see that you're logged in. Also, while you might have lost time on the upload in the background, your video should still be where you exported it. Also, you can Queue this job to Adobe Media Encoder so it can process and upload in the background and you can keep working in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check the box for YouTube, and type in all my info there to login. I am not sure what a preset is, but I pretty much just put my YouTube video into it and then I set my intro to the video in front of that, I do not know hoe to edit or anything right now so that's as far as I go. So I just went to file, export media, and it sent me to the screen for I checked YouTube and put all my information in and logged in, I didn't think there were any issues there but I could be wrong.

" Also, while you might have lost time on the upload in the background, your video should still be where you exported it. Also, you can Queue this job to Adobe Media Encoder so it can process and upload in the background and you can keep working in Premiere."

I am pretty confused on what you said here, I am new and I am still learning about this software, so if you could help me understand this too I would appreciate it. Also I still need help with this issue, I tried to provide more info but that's about all I have to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you export your file to? As Jim said, you can just find it and then upload it manually via YouTube. Also, can you post a screenshot of your Export Settings dialog? What settings are you using to make your video ready for YouTube. Under the H.264 category there are YouTube presets and you should use the one that matches the resolution you're editing in. As for learning Premiere, you should start with some tutorials. Check these out: Try basic video editing techniques |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem with the Upload to YouTube feature.  I have a G suite account, that has 2 accounts attached with 2 factor authentication, a feature you will find typically on most company accounts.  I am the owner of the account, and not a manager.

Stating that you should just upload manually is a workaround, but this is a feature Adobe advertises and should be fixed.  This is an important feature for you to get sleep when you have multiple videos to upload, or just really long renders that need to go online the next day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have same issue.. spent this time reefering to this and dealing with support.

here is their official answer:

Yash: may I know are you facing any issue with uploading to youtube directly through a browser ?

Yash: are we still connected ?

Marc Garcia: ye

Marc Garcia: as stated:

Marc Garcia: Marc Garcia: if I use a browser to upload with the SAME credentials - upload works fine.

Yash: please let me know if there is anything else i can help with except this

Yash: ?

Marc Garcia: really? except this??

Marc Garcia: that is adobe's official response?

Yash: Yes Marc as this issue is not related to Adobe Media encoder I have already explained it to you

Marc Garcia: and I have further explained and proven to you that it is..

Marc Garcia: using forums that depict the SAME issue..

Yash: yes but that is not valid to the issue that you are facing

Marc Garcia: HOW??? the same message I see is what is documented in that forum>???https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2419351

Marc Garcia: that forum suggested a thread

Marc Garcia: which is the AME issue..

Yash: but that suggested thread is for different issue

Marc Garcia: ok then focus on the fact I am not the only one when you look at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2419351

Yash: Marc I understand the concern however there is nothing much can be done

Marc Garcia: so no further investigation is going to be done?

Marc Garcia: no further troubleshooting?

Yash: please check with youtube sir

Marc Garcia: because you believe have yet to prove through any troubleshooting process that this is a reall issue

Marc Garcia: as I mentioned I did.. and they told me that the info they get from you is not good.

Marc Garcia: I spoke to them first

Yash: I am sorry however as I said there is nothing can be done from our end

----

SO no support on this.. no troubleshooting, no teamview connection to try to figure out or disprove theories. simply - nothing we are going to do..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested - creating a NEW preset with new information in Media Encoder resolved the issue. SAME credentials used as the old.

DO NOT create it based on another preset other than a standard YOUTUBE H.264 profile.

Again this being a WORKAROUND not a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:

This reply was curiously rejected by the moderators of this forum:

Reason: There's no question or request here, just complaints about a customer service call related to a bug that's been filed related to an upgrade.

What a strange reason. If every reply to a forum post was required to be a question or request, I suspect there wouldn't be much of a community here. Nevertheless, I'll amend my reply with a question and/or request.

I recently contacted Adobe Support about this issue and received the common useless response from an Adobe representative. How disappointing.

Has anybody else found a solid resolution/workaround for this issue other than uploading via YouTube's web interface?

Here is the transcript:

INITIAL SUPPORT CONTACT:

Shrayanka: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Shrayanka: Please allow me 1-2 minutes to review your account details.

Shrayanka: We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait.

Shrayanka: I apologize for the late response due to some technical issue my keyboard was not working and hence it took time for to response to the chat

Shrayanka: Please share your system specifications(RAM, graphic card, processor).

Clay Anderson: Hey! I'm sorry, I'm here as well :).

Clay Anderson: Sure, one moment

Shrayanka: Sure, thankyou.

Clay Anderson: OS: Windows 7

Clay Anderson: CPU: AMD FX-6300

Clay Anderson: Architecture: 64bit

Clay Anderson: RAM: 8GB

Clay Anderson: GPU: Nvidia GTX 650Ti

Shrayanka: Thankyou .

Shrayanka: Please let me know the camera used to record the clips used in project.

Clay Anderson: I had this identical problem on my home PC, which is Windows 10 64bit/Intel i7 3630QM/16GB RAM/Nvidia GTX 670MX

Clay Anderson: It resolved spontaneously after several clean installations of Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder

Clay Anderson: The camera used to record the video is a Panasonic GH4

Shrayanka: Okay , I see.

Shrayanka: May I start a remote session with your computer to troubleshoot the issue? If this is okay, please close your personal files/folders before sharing your screen with me.

Clay Anderson: Sure, though I am also remotely accessing it via TeamViewer

Shrayanka: Let me share the link with you for screen sharing as Adobe uses Bomgar to remotely access the machine.

Shrayanka: Please click here to share screen

Clay Anderson: I'm sorry, I don't want to mess up what you're trying to do so I'll say this here: I am also not able to take advantage of my Nvidia GTX 650 Ti via Premiere Pro on this machine for whatever reason; it says there is no compatible hardware recognized.

Shrayanka: Clay I  am trying to rectify the issue as in rendering the last portion because as per you the issue appears to be at the last section .

Shrayanka: And I can experience a freeze while rendering how ever no crash.

Shrayanka: And for your query about the card  I will have to check that.

Clay Anderson: It's not necessarily the last section; what I meant to communicate to you was that the issue presents itself during the last portion of encoding a given video, when Adobe begins uploading the project to YouTube.

Clay Anderson: However if the project is short in length, it seems to work perfectly fine. This same issue is presented here:

Clay Anderson: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2419351

Clay Anderson: and here:

Clay Anderson: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2437224

Shrayanka: Let me check the  links .

Clay Anderson: Thank you

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ... at the end of your chat.

REMOTE CONTROL SESSION:
Shrayanka: ✻(21:59:16) Waiting on the customer to respond to the following prompt...
Shrayanka: Shrayanka Yadav is requesting full access to your computer.
Shrayanka: Would you like to Allow or Refuse?
Shrayanka: (21:59:19) The customer has allowed full access to Shrayanka Yadav.
Shrayanka: (21:59:25) Shrayanka Yadav can now have full access to customer's computer.
Shrayanka: (21:59:40) Kindly unplug other monitor.
Clay Anderson: (21:59:59) I cannot unplug it as I am remotely accessing this computer. I may be able to disable it if you'd like
Shrayanka: (22:00:19) Okay please disable it
Clay Anderson: (22:01:42) Unfortunately I may not be able to do so
Clay Anderson: (22:01:48) Are you ale to troubleshoot without this?
Shrayanka: (22:01:51) No problem
Shrayanka: (22:02:04) Can you replicate the issue ?
Clay Anderson: (22:03:33) This happens at the end of a lengthy encoding process - would you like me to begin this?
Shrayanka: (22:03:47) Please show me the project
Clay Anderson: (22:04:55) A very simple project with minimal effects/transitions
Shrayanka: (22:09:05) Shrayanka Yadav is performing task: Event Viewer (Elevated)
Shrayanka: (22:19:26) Are you here ?
Clay Anderson: (22:19:39) Yes
Shrayanka: (22:20:10) Thankyou for your patience .
Shrayanka: (22:21:30) Clay the issue that you are facing are known issue , I can suggested here to export the file and then import it to youtube as this is what suggested by my senior technician as well .
Clay Anderson: (22:22:05) That's not a solution at all; this is an advertised feature of Peremiere Pro, and one we used as a deciding factor in purchasing the suite
Clay Anderson: (22:22:34) That's using YouTube's service as a bandaid for your malfunctioning service
Clay Anderson: (22:24:15) It worked perfectly fine on previous versions of Premiere Pro; it wasn't until after purchasing the upgrade we experienced this issue
Shrayanka: (22:27:03) As if now if the projects are not getting exported to youtube directly then there are issues going on between Youtube and PPRO . Also in order to not to hamper your work in here as you have contacted support that is the work around I can suggest.
Shrayanka: (22:27:29) If it worked fine in previous version then I can go ahead and report it surely .
Shrayanka: (22:27:52) Kindly fill bug report for us .
Clay Anderson: (22:28:34) Yes there certainly is an issue between PP and YouTube, which is something that needs to be addressed by PP if they are going to continue advertising this as a feature. Thusfar every response on the issue has been what you have just repeated; use YouTube instead of PP, the product I paid for
Clay Anderson: (22:29:08) How do I know this is going to be addressed?
Shrayanka: (22:30:01) https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
Shrayanka: (22:30:07) Please fill this for us.
Shrayanka: (22:30:41) As these form are directly reviewed by out Engineering team .
Clay Anderson: (22:31:32) I certainly will, though I don't feel confortable continuing to use a product that isn't fully functional
Shrayanka: (22:32:14) I apologize for  the inconvenience caused.
Shrayanka: (22:32:53) I am sorry that you feel this way.
Shrayanka: (22:33:22) I have share the possible work around with you and in order to finish the project you may use them.
Clay Anderson: (22:34:23) You certainly have. Unfortunately this will not be suitable for us. I will continue to troubleshoot on my own, as it seems Adobe isn't sufficient enough to fix their own troubles. Thank you for your time Shrayanka, I will fil lout the bug report.
Shrayanka: (22:34:53) I would appreciate you try to troubleshoot and find a way in here , you can also post the answers on forums .
Shrayanka: (22:35:06) You are welcome Clay .
Shrayanka: (22:35:16) I am sorry I was not able to make it today .

[PII removed by moderator]

Bug report here: [BUG] Error Upon Uploading/Publishing to YouTube – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - create a new config set for the youtube upload.

It is an issue with Premiere and or Encoder but they refuse. Also make sure that you do not choose ad to a playlist. everytime I try it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have done this and many other combinations of new presets/file formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marcg21244497  wrote

yes - create a new config set for the youtube upload.

It is an issue with Premiere and or Encoder but they refuse. Also make sure that you do not choose ad to a playlist. everytime I try it fails.

I've also tried the new config, but the weird thing is, I uploads successfully if the video is less than 30 mins long, longer than that it won't upload and get's the 401 error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i had this problem today, after researching for a few hours i found a solution that worked for me:

The issue seems to come from old presets that are not compatible with the upload requirements demanded by YouTube.

There are 2 solutions that seem to work.

1. Remove the old presets, i successfully achieved this by uninstalling Adobe Media Encoder and selected to not keep any user existing data/preferences/presets, then i reinstalled Adobe Media Encoder again.

2. If you have presets you don't wanna lose, you may create a new preset that does not relay or derivate from an old preset. I find this solution difficult since i have a hard time telling old and new presets apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't work if your encoding time is more that 30-45mins. I've tried creating a new preset on a freshly installed Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in late on this one.  I had a problem where I had been uploading to one YouTube account directly from Premiere but when I tried to upload to a different YouTube account, the video uploaded to the old account. 

My solution was to create a new preset in Adobe Media Encoder.  Sucks that it has to be like that, especially if people have a ton of presets they'd have to recreate, but what are you gonna do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to using AME (ie not using an old stored profile) and this seemed like a useful and obvious feature when you have a big batch of videos to process - they can be uploaded whilst the next one is processing rather than having to do them all yourself after.

However I'm still getting the same error that was reported by the OP in Nov 2017!

Anyone from Adobe willing to comment and explain when this 2yo bug is going to be resolved?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error message twice. Simple fix, I logged into the correct You tube / Google account. I was logged into my personal google account so it wouldn't take. I logged into my business account and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too.  It seems to have something to do with the video length.  If I upload a video that is just a few minutes long, it publishes it without a problem, but if I upload a video closer to 20 minutes long, it tells me that my credentials didn't work.  This has happened now consistently for 3 weeks.  I set a batch of videos to render and all of them will upload just fine except the one video that is nearly 20 minutes long.  I saw another thread where somebody mentioned not using special characters, but that is also not an issue with any of these videos - their titles are only normal letters.  I can't say what is going on for you, but for me it seems to be releated to the length for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a joke. I create a new profile, the upload to YouTube works once. Then next time it says the credentials are wrong. I can't believe in 2020 Adobe and YouTube can't work this out together. It's a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue as go4bach. I did a test run and a video that was 45 seconds uploaded just fine. Video that was over 20 minutes, wouldn't upload. I'll update the thread if I can find a solution to the 20 minute time limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Did anyone solve this ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines