• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puget test scores

Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just done the standard Puget test but I have nothing to compare it to so I don't know if it is good or bad. Has anyone else with a similar system done the test.

Windows 10 

Intel i9-9900K

64 GB RAM

RTX 2070 Super

1Tb Samsung SSD 860 boot drive

1Tb Samsung M2 projects and Export

500 Gb Samsung M2 Cache

Puget Results:

Standard Overall               623

Standard Live Playback    53.8

Standard Export                70.8

GPU Score                        52

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That system should have significantly beaten my 617 average score of my AMD Ryzen R7 3800X system, if you had Intel's QuickSync enabled. That would require force-enabling the integrated Intel UHD Graphics in your computer system's BIOS. Although granted, my system has only 32 GB of RAM, a lesser RTX 2060 SUPER GPU and only a 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 NVMe SSD for my projects and export and a Samsung 850 PRO SATA SSD for my cache drive (my boot drive is only a 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD). Without QuickSync, that i9-9900K system of yours is a wash (or effectively a draw) against my more humble 3800X rig.

As it stands now, the lack of QuickSync dragged down your live playback score (and to a lesser extent your overall export score) while your system's GPU score from that RTX 2070 SUPER is lower than what I have achieved with my lesser RTX 2060 SUPER GPU. Those results indicate that your system needs to be tuned properly (whereas mine is close to properly tuned, without any special tweaks to the configuration).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my Puget Results:

Standard Overall              603

Standard Live Playback   64.6

Standard Export              56

GPU Score                       58

This is the first run after a Windows update. The export score may be hindered by the relatively low amount of system RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you point me to a system tuning resource . I'm sure I have too many processes running but I'm not sure which I can safely delete. I have hardware encoding available as an option for H264  exports so I think that is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puget Results (Second Run):

Standard Overall              614

Standard Live Playback   66.2

Standard Export               56.6

GPU Score                       58.3

Will report results of the third run, and then average the results, in a future post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third Run:

Standard Overall          609

Standard Live Export   65.3

Standard Export           56.5

GPU Score                   58.3

Averaging these results together, I now get this:

Standard Overall              609

Standard Live Playback   65.4

Standard Export               56.4

GPU Score                       58.2

Still, I believe that there is a bottleneck somewhere in your system. How could an RTX 2060 SUPER outperform an ostensibly more powerful RTX 2070 SUPER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon my further investigation into the discussion starter's GPU score, that score is more like a non-SUPER RTX 2060. That RTX 2070 SUPER should have scored in the low-60s in the GPU score.

And my particular RTX 2060 SUPER, on the other hand, scored higher than it normally would have due to most third-party manufacturing partners actually apply an overclock to the GPU clocks at the factory. My RTX 2060 SUPER is certainly one of those cards whose GPU itself has been overclocked at the factory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's a puget test ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a series of tests produced by a PC supplier for bench marking computers for a number of different softwares. This is a link to the Premiere test:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-Premiere-Pro-1519/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks... !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to boot drive issues I had to re-install windows. I took this opportunity to run the test with only Windows and Premiere on the system. These are the latest results:

Puget Results:

Standard Overall               708

Standard Live Playback    73.2

Standard Export                68.5

GPU Score                        64.2

These are much better than before. 

As I re-install all my other software and drivers I will try and see which has the greatest detrimental impact to the benchmark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's more like it! (At least for that CPU/GPU combination.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for update Richard. That's nice of you to share with others. Did you turn off indexing of drives in windows ?

Stuff like that ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I'm after NVDIA tweak

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That score is below those of other systems with the same CPU but lesser GPUs (I included only those results with the same major version of Premiere Pro - version 15.x). The giveaway is the relatively poor live playback score: At only 94-ish, it is well below those of other 3970X-powered PCs - even those with only an RTX 3070 or an older Titan RTX.

This tells me that there is something in your system that's bottlenecking its performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you share those results,  I wonder what could be the bottleneck on my system and how to fix it.  Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is interested I have attached a spreadsheet of all my results. Puget have just updated the test so the newer results can't be compared to the earlier. I have noticed that my results have got worse the more my PC has become 'cluttered' with other software, perhaps the time has come for a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is weak on the export performance, especially since my miniITX AMD Ryzen 7 3700X system consistently scored around 700 overall in the Extended score and around 740 in the Standard score, with the export score near 90.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RjL190365 I thought you are serious but I definitely think that you don't know what you are talking about, pull up your test results instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a result from a system with the older Titan RTX, running its RAM at only 2933 MHz:

PugetBench Results_1_Page_1.png

PugetBench Results_2_Page_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here are my scores with my ITX breadbox:

PugetBench Results_1_Page_1.png

PugetBench Results.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

results.png

Julian356332305r4c_0-1708633024734.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your result is irrelevant. One cannot directly compare scores with DaVinci Resolve with those of Premiere Pro. Nor can one directly compare scores from one PugetBench benchmark to another different benchmark or even a different version of the same benchmark. And all of those different benchmarks and versions tend to make much older PCs look better than the newest PCs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines