Highlighted

Query: Matching timecode to speeded up footage in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few hours of footage which I'm condensing into a 2-3minute video with a timecode on-screen. Each video clip is around 10-minutes long, so there's lots of them.

The video clips will be of varying speeds - there will be occasional clips played at original/normal speed, whereas most of the footage will be super-fast.

I know how to vary to speed on the clips and also how to create a timecode, the problem is how do I get the speed of the timecode to match the speed of the individual video clips? So, when a clip is played at normal speed the timecode needs to show that, and when the video speeds up I need to the timecode to also speed at the same rate.

I don't want to export the video and timecode at normal speed and then import again to change the speed at varying sections as it's hours of footage.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your time.

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Query: Matching timecode to speeded up footage in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few hours of footage which I'm condensing into a 2-3minute video with a timecode on-screen. Each video clip is around 10-minutes long, so there's lots of them.

The video clips will be of varying speeds - there will be occasional clips played at original/normal speed, whereas most of the footage will be super-fast.

I know how to vary to speed on the clips and also how to create a timecode, the problem is how do I get the speed of the timecode to match the speed of the individual video clips? So, when a clip is played at normal speed the timecode needs to show that, and when the video speeds up I need to the timecode to also speed at the same rate.

I don't want to export the video and timecode at normal speed and then import again to change the speed at varying sections as it's hours of footage.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your time.

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?