Highlighted

Question about after cut a video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two video segments in my timeline. I cut my second video and join with the first ok?
But when i add a Audio Transition (CrossFade- Exponential Fade) i still hear audio from the cut part. How to solve this? I'm not experienced

Tks
Junior

Got it.

I just put the audio from the first segment on another track.

Thanks to all..

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question about after cut a video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two video segments in my timeline. I cut my second video and join with the first ok?
But when i add a Audio Transition (CrossFade- Exponential Fade) i still hear audio from the cut part. How to solve this? I'm not experienced

Tks
Junior

Got it.

Thanks to all..

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a dissolve needs "handles" or overlap so that's what I'm guessing is happening.  for example if you have 2 clips in the timeline right next to each other and add a 1 second audio dissolve, your outgoing audio will gradually fade out from 1/2 a second before the cut to 1/2 a second after the cut and the incoming audio will start to fade in 1/2 second before the edit and continue til it's at full volume 1/2 a second after the cut point..   Make sense?  Or if that's not your problem, try and explain it again...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the first Video Segment, the dissolve is only applied to him. In my mind, nothing related to the second video segment should interfere with the first segment because a cut was made and dissolve effect in only in first segment. But it is very strange because i can hear piece of audio that shouldn't exist anymore after cut! I can't understand. 
it's as if the cut hadn't actually been made, just hidden
sorry my english!

Jr

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to do but try to imagine sound and video as two separate entities. One is visual, one is sound.

Nowadays many record sound 'in their camera', which was not done before with prosumer editing programs ( NLE ). Even prosumer editing programs used sound recorded separately and slated for sync.

Now it's mostly embedded sound from cameras for users of this program. No slates. Just shoot.

I use audition with CS6 creative suite and unlink sound from camera and do what I want ( mostly just delete it entirely after listening to it and use the recording I made with slate ).

But sometimes I do stuff with the sound that was slated in audition and drop that back into the timeline as 'new' sound ( mixed, etc. ).

So start with thinking about the basics is my advice...

I usually look at films and my own junky shots with sound OFF at first... just to get the visual stuff squared away. THEN I do the sound sync and housekeeping ( delete in camera sound etc. ). That process of differentiating between sound and image will help you solve problems and also expand the potentials ( sound is like 50% of a movie influence on viewers ).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try deleting the audio transition. Also if you hold down alt or option you could use the selection tool to trim the audio track only. Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i want the audio transition. I don't know why I hear some audio from the other video segment. As i said, i did a cut!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Thanks to all..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you initially set the transition Centre to Cut and later on set to End of Cut then yes you will be hearing audio for the second clip. The transition is still double sided.

If you move one track up or down and add the transition then it will be a single side transition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transition was only above the first clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add the transition before or after adding the second clip?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip 1 then Clip 2 then i did a cut on Clip 2 e put together to Clip 1. After this i inserted the audio transition to fade at the end of the Clip 1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that explains it.

You cannot add a single sided transtion between two clips butted.

Its always a double sided transtition. Hence the audio you you were hearing as it was set as End to Cut.

You can check all this in the Effect Controls by opening the transition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1