• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about incorporating slow-mo footage in project

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning a simple video that will have several slow-mo clips shot at 120 fps, though most of the video will be normal speed.  I'd like the slow-mo clips to start at 120 (normal speed), slow down to 24 via time remapping, then speed up again to 120.  I assumed I'd shoot the rest of the clips at 24 fps and render the project at 24 fps, but if I do that, won't it slow down the 120 portion of the 120 clips (and the 24 portion even more)?  Do I have to shoot everything at 120 and render at 120 to preserve slow-mo in those clips that have it?  Do I create separate sequences for the slow-mo clips and interpret them?  I've been looking for tutorials that address this issue, but the ones I'm finding only address getting the slow-mo clips to work, not integrating them into a larger project.  Feel free to just point me somewhere if you know a good explanation.  Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

The answer is easier than you think! People always overcomplicate this, but it's pretty easy.

- Shoot your video at 120 fps for the clips you know you want to be slow-mo video and the rest at your normal frame ratw

- Make sure your initial sequence is 24 fps or 23.976 or whatever frame rate TYPICALLY produce at

- Drop your clips in like you normally would, it's totally ok to mix the 120 fps and 23.976 fps

- Slow down the 120 fps clips with Time Remapping or basic speed controls. Premiere WILL ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is easier than you think! People always overcomplicate this, but it's pretty easy.

- Shoot your video at 120 fps for the clips you know you want to be slow-mo video and the rest at your normal frame ratw

- Make sure your initial sequence is 24 fps or 23.976 or whatever frame rate TYPICALLY produce at

- Drop your clips in like you normally would, it's totally ok to mix the 120 fps and 23.976 fps

- Slow down the 120 fps clips with Time Remapping or basic speed controls. Premiere WILL make use of the extra frame in the clip, despite the sequence only being 23.976 fps.

- Everything will look fine lol

Despite what some people say, you almost never have to use the Intepret Dialog box beforehand or do anything with nesting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks loads!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines