Highlighted

Question about scripting

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the script/programmer guys:

I would like to lower down the time I spend on repetitive tasks, I currently have two of them:

When I cut my video files, I use a specific color (a green one if the clip was ok, or a red one if the clip was bad) at the end of each segment so that I don't have to watch the whole file, and simply i cut out the parts where I show the red color at the end.  This has saved me a lot of time, however, I came to conclusion that I am pretty much doing the same and was just wondering if this could get automated? (coding something like hey whenever this green color shows, keep this, and whenever this red color shows, cut this out). That would save me HOURS, is this something that sounds feasible to do/code?

The other one is when I have the video already assembled, i add a zoom of 110% to one clip, skip one, and then add the same zoom to the other one. This is also something that's pretty repetitive across my process. Does this sound feasible as well? 

Thanks for any input! 

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question about scripting

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the script/programmer guys:

I would like to lower down the time I spend on repetitive tasks, I currently have two of them:

When I cut my video files, I use a specific color (a green one if the clip was ok, or a red one if the clip was bad) at the end of each segment so that I don't have to watch the whole file, and simply i cut out the parts where I show the red color at the end.  This has saved me a lot of time, however, I came to conclusion that I am pretty much doing the same and was just wondering if this could get automated? (coding something like hey whenever this green color shows, keep this, and whenever this red color shows, cut this out). That would save me HOURS, is this something that sounds feasible to do/code?

The other one is when I have the video already assembled, i add a zoom of 110% to one clip, skip one, and then add the same zoom to the other one. This is also something that's pretty repetitive across my process. Does this sound feasible as well? 

Thanks for any input! 

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0

Have something to add?