Questions about codecs from Canon C200

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have a question about the differences between the internal 8 bid codecs on the C200. My understanding is you get a slightly higher bitrate on the XF-AVC, and you get Metadata. Also that it appears that the MP4 runs on the GPU while the XF-AVC runs on the CPU so on my system (better GPU than CPU) I might see some lag in playback on the XF-AVC in Premiere.

What do I loose by not having the metadata? What information am I gaining in Premiere to help with my edit? Also anyone who has experience editing with this camera, is there a quality difference in the images captured? Or how much flexibility you have in post?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Questions about codecs from Canon C200

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have a question about the differences between the internal 8 bid codecs on the C200. My understanding is you get a slightly higher bitrate on the XF-AVC, and you get Metadata. Also that it appears that the MP4 runs on the GPU while the XF-AVC runs on the CPU so on my system (better GPU than CPU) I might see some lag in playback on the XF-AVC in Premiere.

What do I loose by not having the metadata? What information am I gaining in Premiere to help with my edit? Also anyone who has experience editing with this camera, is there a quality difference in the images captured? Or how much flexibility you have in post?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?