• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about new subtitle tool

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder whether the subtitle track can be moved below some video tracks because I want some GFX over the caption and make the video look more organic. It can be easily done in previous versions but not any more since the track is now put at the very top.
Also, no transactions allowed? At least I should be able to do fade-in and out? How can I apply transactions on the subtitle track?
Thanks.
TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

You can do this by nesting the sequence with the caption in another sequence. See this workaround in my post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-caption-track/td-p/11935335

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use the Text Tool / Essential Graphics to create your subtitles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I always use pre-made srt files and cannot afford recreating it with type tool. So there is probably no way to get what I want as convenient as it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this by nesting the sequence with the caption in another sequence. See this workaround in my post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice workaround, Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a powerful workaround. And, as I note in the post, credit to @shandries for the idea and repeating it until I got it!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines