• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions from beginner

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Have some digital AVI source files as input to editing program.  All of them an hour long or less.  My objectives are to do some limited editing that is needed.  But not making movies.  There will be no importing music, photos, or clips from other videos. And will not be adding voice content.   Will not be combining any of the separate source files.  At this point, my only question concerns video segments which I want to stabilize using Warp.  Does that function ever disalign the video frames from the related audio?

2. My pc is an HP desktop new in 2012. Has a 3TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive.  Present available space is 2.52TB.  With my limited editing objectives, can I get along with just using my computer C:\  system drive or is it absolutely necessary to have an additional external hard drive for the editing work file(s)?

3.  Some say AVI should be converted to MP4.  If so, should source files be converted to MP4 before editing is done?  

4.  Does Adobe Premiere Pro convert AVI to MP4?  Or is a conversion utility needed?

Thank you!

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

1. No - Warp Stabilizer will not change vision to audio sync. However you will need to make your own cuts over existing cuts in the program and only apply Warp Stabilizer to just the shots that need stabilizing. You do not want to be trying to stabilize hour long programs. Not only will it take forever but it's unlikely to work depending on the nature of your programs.

2. assuming your PC can run Premiere Pro, while editing using the c drive is not best practice, it should be fine as long as you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No - Warp Stabilizer will not change vision to audio sync. However you will need to make your own cuts over existing cuts in the program and only apply Warp Stabilizer to just the shots that need stabilizing. You do not want to be trying to stabilize hour long programs. Not only will it take forever but it's unlikely to work depending on the nature of your programs.

2. assuming your PC can run Premiere Pro, while editing using the c drive is not best practice, it should be fine as long as you have enough space.

3. don't convert. Stay with the files as they are.

4. Premiere Pro will be able to convert your programs to MP4 (H.264) when you export the finished edit. Or pretty much any other format you want. If you want to convert before editing you could use Adobe Media Encoder to do the conversions  ... but see point 3. best to stay in the native AVI while editing. Converting from one format to another can be useful in some (many) instances, but based on what you want to do - not necessary for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck, post back if you have any issues. Lots of Premiere Pro users here can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Avi is but a wrapper what codec is inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines