• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions on Ingest Presets + Metadata

Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to break my long existing habit of just ingesting clips by dragging them around with Windows Explorer, and use Premiere's Media Browser instead. As part of that I was digging around Media Encoder's ability to create Ingest Presets, specifically, writing metadata to the clips I ingest.

When I start setting up metadata information in the preset, it asks for a Key and Value. I think I get this concept: establish a metadata field, then establish the value for it (or leave it blank so it can be added on a per-ingest basis). That said I have a few questions before I dive too deep into things and make messadata. (Ok, that was a bad one..)

1. Can a metadata key be an existing/default metadata key? Or is this only for custom metadata only? For example, could I type in "Rights Useage Terms" as the key and "All rights reserved." as the value and tag every ingested clip with that and other copyright related metadata. If default/existing metadata is allowed, do you just type in the key exactly as it is written in say, Premiere's "Metadata" panel?
  2. If the above is true, and default/existing metadata keys can be used, are both Clip and File metadata keys eligible? Or only one?
  3. If I do create a custom metadata key that doesn't exist normally, where does it go? Under File/Custom metadata? Or Clip/Premiere Project category?
  4. Lastly, Does Premiere Pro allow for dynamic-inserting of metadata values? For example, if I enter "Camera Angle" as a metadata key in the preset, but leave the field blank, will Premiere prompt me for that and any other blank metadata values upon ingest? Or is this just something that only Prelude for example can do?

Admittedly being mindful of metadata isn't critical to my workflow, but I do think it's good practice, and especially if I'm going to try to break my other old habit, I might as well establish other good news ones. Thank you for your time and cheers!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?