Quicktime Import Workaround?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Quicktime video (screen recorded) will import to Adobe Premiere at half the speed. Is there a way I can format the file to be compatible with Premiere? Or should I search for alternative screen recording software that would work with my mac and not cause problems upon import? This is really frustrating, considering it hinders my workflow. Please let me know of possible solutions that would be great. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere may be misinterpreting the frame rate of the clip. Try selecting it in the project panel and choosing Modify>Interpret Footage and then manually enter a new frame rate if you know what it should be (probably 60fps).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would you find the variable frame rate for the footage? Is that in properties on Mac? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use MediaInfo Mac and post screenshot in treeview.

unknow files.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.01.16 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now in Treeview please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Treeview

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard01.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 9.58.30 AM.png

It will not let me view in Tree 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'text' will do as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.39.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.39.59 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem:

afbeelding.png

Back to my original post: If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Converting videos with Handbrake - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake is converting rn. Wish this method didn't take so long (my footage is two and a half hrs)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
serf5FFB AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into yet another problem. When I use handbrake to encode the video, the end product comes out as a document instead of a video. This is especially frustrating because I've already waited two hours for it to convert, only for it to not be in the correct file format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines