• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"After Effects Must be installed to Import this File"

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this error message when trying to "replace with AE composition" inside Premiere Pro.  I have seen many others with this same issue and followed the recommendations of closing out and rebooting (after an hour of installing files and getting set up to do a tutorial) and it still doesn't work.  I am using the most up to date versions of both Premiere (14 Magician) and AE 17.01 build 52.  What is the latest on this problem?  It's crazy that it still persists since 2017!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "dynamic link" process between Premiere and Ae is often cranky. I normally have it working ok, but ... it's always enough of a concern that anytime I do work in Ae, I try and finish the Ae work then export out a full-media clip to replace the clip on the Premiere timeline. I know a lot of editors prefer doing this, as it is more reliable and gives typically better performance.

Hopefully you've installed the programs in Adobe's preferred folder on your system drive. And ... the CC desktop app is fully functioning. You might try signing out of the CC app, rebooting, then signing back in if it doesn't auto sign-on. Sometimes having AfterEffects running when you do the "replace with Ae comp" option gets them talking with each other.

And of course, having both apps set in the OS to run as Administrator is best.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two product teams need to work together to fix this and make it work reliably, especially after years of problems.  It's really unacceptable!! 

While it will sometimes work to edit in AE first, I don't always want to do that. I often do a lot of work in Premiere that I want to preserve before adding AE functionality.

I can see that the products are installed in the Program Files folder (Windows), which happens automatically when I select "install".  I've signed out of CC, rebooted, signed back in, closed out one app, left it open, and everything else I can think of. and still it doesn't work. 

Adobe AE and Premiere product developers - help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi same Problem here after Update to 2020. But 2020 didnt work so I go back to 2019 and the link can not be opened. I get allways the massage to install AE. But it is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deinstall AF and PP log out and restart the mac. Log in, than reinstall the 2019 Versions, allthing works like before. Hate the 2020 UPDATE SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i"m having the same problem what did you do to fix it. please land me your help

. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines