• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Attach Proxy" Window doesn't appear

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is whenever i make a proxy and it doesn't get attach i need to go to the project window and right click the clip and in Proxy i select "Attach Proxy" but when i do the program recognises that it has been opened but, the "attach proxy" window it's nowhere to be seen, i know is somewhere beceause premiere doesn't crash, it works as if any other external window would pop up, it doesn't let you do anything and makes a noise like if something else is open.

I think the problem could be related to having 2 monitors in display, but i have tried it without using one and i still have the same problem.

I've seen other post where this happens and there's no solution for it. I'll leave the link here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/unable-to-attach-proxies-dialogue-box-not-opening/td-p/9...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/attach-proxies-dialogue-box-simply-not-showing-up-premie...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/can-t-reach-the-relink-media-attach-proxies-window/m-p/1...

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

I found the solution! apparently when you have 2 monitors in display and change the primary monitor from one to another all the windows that usually pop up like the "render" or "proxy" window usually appear to the other side and sometimes they even appear like way offside to the monitor. In the case of the "Attach Proxy" window, it gets stuck where you cannot click, so it's open but you can't access it, having to close premiere or press the ESC button to close the window.

SOLUTION: Just go to th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell us your source properties.  I found when working with material that was shot with a sony fs7 (I think), I could not get proxies that would work because of the format of the 8 channels of audio, and it was even more frustrating as there was only one channel of audio with any material on it...  I'm like a dog with a bone and spent a lot of time trying to make this work without any success.  That doesn't mean there isn't a way to make it work, I just couldn't find a way.  What did work (although it's a workaround not a solution) if I remember correctly, is to transcode to something like prores proxy and relink to the proxy files rather than the camera original.  the proxy files look great for editing and client review.  when I was ready to lock picture, I simply relinked to the camera original...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and one more note:  When you're working with a new format, just try making and attaching the proxies for just a few clips and test them before doing hours and gigabytes of material...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering!

Well in this case in particular i'm working with a lot of different types of stock footage. They are either .Mov or Mp4 compressed files, they are in 4k and 1080p and some are in 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 FPS  (yes, its a mess).

This is the first time i try to use proxies i have never been able to use the "Attach Proxy" window and i'have tried in different projects and in different files one by one, and i get some files attached and some not, but in all cases i'm just unable to to open that window, if i had to guess i would think it's a bug with the displays rahter than an incompatibility with certain files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution! apparently when you have 2 monitors in display and change the primary monitor from one to another all the windows that usually pop up like the "render" or "proxy" window usually appear to the other side and sometimes they even appear like way offside to the monitor. In the case of the "Attach Proxy" window, it gets stuck where you cannot click, so it's open but you can't access it, having to close premiere or press the ESC button to close the window.

SOLUTION: Just go to the dislpay option and change the primary screen to the other and the "attach proxy" window should appear normaly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines