• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"device not ready", Code; "3" Note; "File can not open" I'm considering giving up on encore and life itself.

Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, where do I start. The error I get in all instances (Unless I import an mpeg instead of h264 bluray file, in which case I get a different error about the video properties not being the same as the timeline) is this:

Blu-ray Error; "device not ready", Code; "3" "File can not open. and then the file path and it points to \AuthorScriptHDMVSessions\Filename.m4v.21_35_15 etc etc (more numbers) UTC+01_00DST.ves)-

I have spent no less than 12 hours trying to solve this today.

It started occuring since upgrading premiere CC to the latest version (12.2). I had various issues with this before I'd even noticed the encore issue so I rolled it back to 12.1.

Now the files from my h,264 bluray preset (5.1 sound using surcode, level 4.1, 21mbps bitrate, 1080p25) throw up this error.

I have tried:

- restarting

-reinstalling encore

- exporting new files with varying different paramaters changed. For example I exported a small section of a timeline in my normal preset and it errored. I changed to level 4.1 to 4.0 and exported it. it worked! I then exported all of the files required for my bluray in that same style level 4.0 set, however it still errored.

All i can get to work is to export a stereo mp4 file but I'd like it in 5.1

In fact, I've forgotten everything I've tried so i can't be of much help but if you can think of it, chances are I've tried it.

I'm now installing Encore CS6 (I was on CS5) to see if that works. If it does, great, but there is SOMETHING in the premiere 12.2 update that causes encore HELL. Do not update if you use Encore cs5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem for some users with h.264 exports from PR 12.1.2. You can install PR 2017 and export from there. Try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm installing 2017 now. The issue is I dont think my projects will open will they? If made in CC 2018.

I just installed Encore CS6 and got the exact same error.

If this is an adobe bug I am seriously going to lose my &hit with them.

Can you link me to where people posted about these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive just read a lot of threads on this error 3 and there seems to be 0 solution!

The thing is I get the same issue when creating a bluray-mpeg2 file from premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like someone else in this thread, I also had success using .MOV (ProRes) export from PremierePro2018 for my BluRay.  H264-BluRay and MPEG-BluRay did NOT work (using AME) but .MOV Did within Encore.  Chapter markers too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember that it works because Encore sees it as not legal (untranscoded) and then transcodes it. Using a high quality prores or intermediate such as dnxhd does avoid the loss of allowing Encore to retranscode mpg etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick reply.  I'm not sure what you mean: "...does avoid the loss of allowing Encore to retranscode mpg etc."    Do I have any other choice since AME's  H264-BluRay and MPEG-BluRay does not work?  I really don't want to install older versions of any programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several options, and others may post their preferences. You can pick formats that are highly compressed, and that is undesirable. Dnxhd at a high bitrate allows Encore to do the transcode without a prior round of high compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dnxhd at a high bitrate allows Encore to do the transcode without a prior round of high compression.

Cant test right now, but can Encore even import DNxHD (.mov or .mxf), ProRes and CineForm? (With QuickTime installed that is)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; on the road and did not check. I don't recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan thank you so much. As a workaround, a frustrating-shouldn't have to be doing this-workaround, cc 2017 has, I think, fixed the most infuriating technical problem I have EVER run in to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what: was getting the same error today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export now through frameserving and TMPGenc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is madness. Ive never had an issue cause me so much of a headache and lose me so much time.

I just exported 4 files from PP2017 using all of the same settings. 3 import into premiere and one says "the software that used to decode the media is not available on this system"

It imports the sound for that file but not the video. What the hell?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export from 2018 to cineform 10 bit.

Load that up in 2017 and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem today  - H.264 Blu-ray export comes up with "device not ready" error.  I am going to try to 2017 CC to open the project and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem I have is that the cc2018 project wont open in cc2017 so it involves exporting, then importing in 2017 and exporting again. Extra work that we shouldn't be doing.

Does anyone know if Adobe are aware of this and addressing it? Seems like a pretty major issue to me but I know they are absolutely dire at doing anything about bugs based on my past experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to duplicate the error:  Blu-ray Error; "device not ready", Code; "3."  I found a workaround.  In Premiere, the latest version, I created an H.264 video file, not H.264 Blu-ray.  I imported the video file into Encore CS6.  I made an Image File.  I loaded the video into ImgBurn.  It burned it without any problems.  The Blu-ray disc played successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. What was the source of the file that failed? Your own machine or one of the ones that others have had issues with? I assume your own.

H.264 (rather than H.264 BD) may fail because they include options that are removed in the H.264 BD version. Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video was shot with a GoPro 3.Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I confused things. I was asking for a screenshot of the H.264 export settings (not H.264 Blu-ray). However, in light of the discussion about Encore transcoding, I now believe that you got a file that Encore had to transcode. Which is all I was checking. I think there are a variety of methods to get a file that Encore will transcode. And the results can be very acceptable. But the main problem with PR not providing a correct file, is that PR cannot provide an H.264 file that does not need to be retranscoded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Ann. I did too. I suggest others do if they have the time.

So there is no option for 5.1 audio with the mov-cineform export so I am now doing this

exporting a 5.1 h264 mp4 file at 25mbps (the same rate that I set my encore bluray project to)

also exporting a 5.1 h264 at 14mbps for my USB delivery

Then importing the 25mbps mp4 into premiere cc 2017 and exporting it using my h264-bluray preset.

It's a real shame we have to take additional lengthy steps and I really hope adobe fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that Adobe will fix the problem.  Encore CS6 is no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not Encore but Premiere generation incompatible files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines