Highlighted

"Edit Clip In Adobe Audition" in Premiere not opening clip in Audition

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click, "Edit clip in Adobe Audition" it opens audition but does not populate it with the extracted file. It shows the extracted file in Premiere though. I updated to Catalina yesterday so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I know there is a workaround by manually importing the audio tracks but that is not ideal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Edit Clip In Adobe Audition" in Premiere not opening clip in Audition

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click, "Edit clip in Adobe Audition" it opens audition but does not populate it with the extracted file. It shows the extracted file in Premiere though. I updated to Catalina yesterday so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I know there is a workaround by manually importing the audio tracks but that is not ideal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are problems with Catalina - you should always wait for AT LEAST a month befeore upgrading to a new operating system, to be sure that all of the programs you use are going to keep working properly
Read all of the replies in this message when you have a problem with Catalina
-includes two links on how to revert to a previous operating system
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Catalina-upgrade-breaks-Photoshop-and-Illustrator/td-p/10...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. I doubt you have found a fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. Audition opens but does not bring the track in for editing. So annoying!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  
I've updated to Premiere Pro v. 14.0 and Audition v. 13.0. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ejl312 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem now.

When I try to "Edit a clip in Audition" from Premier I get this error:

"/Users/theboss/Desktop/HES editing projects/sailing Audio Extracted.wav
Error: This file is not supported by libsndfile.  Code: 2.  System error : Operation not permitted."

I have tried several files and started new projects etc. 

Catalina 10.15.6 updated today
Audition  13.0.8.14 updated today
Premier 14.3.1 (build 45) updated today

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines