• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit in Audition" not generating Audition project file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into an issue with Premiere Pro CC 2020 and Audition CC 2020 (fully updated) where I am attempting to edit a PP sequence in Audition via Dynamic Link. PP will create the folder and generate the PP files but not the Audition files/folders needed. Interestingly enough, Audition does automatically open but nothing happens after that.

For the time being, I'm exporting just a .WAV file from PP and manually editing in Audition... but that's not ideal!

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Ok none of those things worked.... HOWEVER, I noticed I was using a PP project from my backup mobile drive (I will back up the entire project contents when I'm working remote). When I moved the project back to my laptop HD and reopened it, I was able to get Audition to work as expected.

I'm not sure why working from a mobile drive would have an impact but appearently it does. I've also tested with a new project created on the laptop HD without any issues.

Thanks for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition can actually natively open Premiere projects so it won't create an audition .sesx for you. I'm not sure why Audition isn't opening the sent files automatically, but just try opening the .prproj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about that as well. Previously the process would generate a .prproj.sesx file that I could use Audition to open (manually if needed). However, that file is not being generated. So when I open the generated .prproj file it opens in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing prefs can solve a lot of problems. 

There is a quick way to trash prefs, but then you can't back them up: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

here's where the folders live to manually back them up: https://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/premiere/pro/troubleshooter/trash-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok none of those things worked.... HOWEVER, I noticed I was using a PP project from my backup mobile drive (I will back up the entire project contents when I'm working remote). When I moved the project back to my laptop HD and reopened it, I was able to get Audition to work as expected.

I'm not sure why working from a mobile drive would have an impact but appearently it does. I've also tested with a new project created on the laptop HD without any issues.

Thanks for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working! My only guess then, is maybe there was a conflict in the project settings of where to store temporary or newly created files, and if the .sesx wasn't on the C drive but it was expected to be, that Audition got confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's right, it does create a  .sesx. Sorry for the bad information. I'm also not a fan that it adds the .prproj extension from the original file name since I think that only adds confusion and is completely unnecessary.

In Audition go to File>Open and choose the .prproj. 

Alternatively, you could try trashing the prefs in both applications as there's clearly an issue still happening, despite having a possible workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash prefs... interesting idea.

2 questions:

1) is there a way to back them up, just in case!

2) is there a slick way to wipe them out without having to go one by one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is from left field, but in my case (on a PC, Windows 10), the culprit turned out to be a locked VIDEO track in Premiere Pro. Once that was unlocked, the transfer to Audition went through. I even tried Edit in Audition twice more with locking and unlocking to confirm. Counter-intuitive, but maybe it was because the locked video was linked to an audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved my import issues! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines