• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit in Photoshop" not working properly in Premiere Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am kinda new, so I am not sure what is wrong, but when I want to"Edit in Photoshop" from Premiere image on timeline, I can not change it directly, like for example in Audition, when I normally save my changes with CTRL+S and it immediately changes in Premiere aswell. Instead of that, i have to save it as a new Photoshop project and that project I have to import again and use that instead. Is not that supposed to work the same way as in Audition, or am I doing something wrong? It is really annoying that I can not just save and continue, but waste time saving and importing again + i have ton of Photoshop projects which I never use again most likely.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, you have to view PPro akin to InDesign: PPro does for video what InDesign does for print. They are great aggregators of assets from various sources.

That is, for both applications, it's good practice to prepare your assets before importing them.

I tend to stay away from importing .gif, .jpg or .png files inside a PPro project, as they have proven to be a source of instability or rendering problems upon export. Instead, I open up these assets in Ps and save them out as a PSD file in the appropriate size and - important - DPI. There is no point importing a 300 DPI image, if all you need is 72. Likewise, scale back the resolution from 5K, if all you need is 1080p...

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, alright.

I was always used to import raw images and edit them during process.

Thanks for tips, I guess it is time to get used to preparing them before importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines