Highlighted

"Ghost" image at transition in Premiere Pro CC project

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I'm doing a documentary on the Sound of Music filming locations in Austria and have an issue with a "ghost" image showing up in a single transition in the final rendered project (rendered with Media Encoder) and not in the program window inside the working PPr project. The transition itself is actually at a split point in a long clip that I wanted to shorten. All of the other dozens of transitions in the project have no such issue. I have tried deleting all previous render files and all sorts of transitions at this point like various combinations of manual cross-fades and fades-to-black, and cross-fades and fades-to-black using the program's effects tools. I have posted screen shots of the ghost image annotated in red, timeline at the transition, and of the before and after transition clips. Any assistance with this frustrating issue would, of course, be greatly appreciated!!

John

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Ghost" image at transition in Premiere Pro CC project

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I'm doing a documentary on the Sound of Music filming locations in Austria and have an issue with a "ghost" image showing up in a single transition in the final rendered project (rendered with Media Encoder) and not in the program window inside the working PPr project. The transition itself is actually at a split point in a long clip that I wanted to shorten. All of the other dozens of transitions in the project have no such issue. I have tried deleting all previous render files and all sorts of transitions at this point like various combinations of manual cross-fades and fades-to-black, and cross-fades and fades-to-black using the program's effects tools. I have posted screen shots of the ghost image annotated in red, timeline at the transition, and of the before and after transition clips. Any assistance with this frustrating issue would, of course, be greatly appreciated!!

John

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by any chance have you done any speed changes in the clip in question?   I suggest you set your preview format in the sequence settings to a high quality format like prores422 hq and render your entire sequence.  Do you see the issue then when playing back the timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I actually consulted the Adobe Tech Support people and that is one of the things they had me do. As it turns out, the ghost image was enbedded in the second clip down the line from the transition and I didn't see it until the support guy scanned further down. He stated that it was probably in there from a previous render. It was not in the original clip. We deleted all previous render files, as well, as part of the "treatment". Anyway, the ghost was "laid to rest" and all is well! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0