Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Legacy title" panel size changes every time I reopen

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I am doing a new project where I have to use a lot of on screen text. I am using "Legacy Title" to create those text.

The problem that I am having is that the size of the panels change every time I reopen the titles.

Below are the images:

1) First time I open it. This is normal. All three panels are divided properly.

Capture_01.PNG

2) Second time I open: Look at the left and right panels. Right panel gets extended and the left one gets squished.

Capture_02.PNG

3) Third time I open the title. Again look at the left and right panels.

Capture_04.PNG

This gets really annoying when dealing with lots of on screen text!

Any help will be appreciated.

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi, we fixed the issue where the legacy titler panels weren't showing up at all in the default workspaces. Unfortunately, this fix came at the end of the 13.0.2 cycle and we ran out of time to fix a side effect, where the panels aren't maintaining their original layout. Given that the original problem prevented access to the legacy titler panels, we wanted to provide that fix ASAP. We hope to get the layout resizing bug (now a separate issue) fixed soon. If you reset the workspace, that should r

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 126 Replies 126
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting, but the issue is still there. I was kind of wondering if this occurs on your system as well? If not I will have to re-install.

Thank you for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have seen this also.

Titler is still buggy even after fix in 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is still buggy. I still have to enable all the panels manually. I had heard they were trying to get some kind of integration between the Old Legacy Titling System and the Essential Graphics Panel. That would be cool If it can be done easy but if it is going to add bugs it might not be wise. Like many other folks I like the Old Titling System better than the Essential Graphics Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. Thought it was just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that undocking the legacy title properties panel works wonders. When reopening the legacy title workspace, the properties panel will remain in the last size you set it to. You'll have to undock for each project, and click out of both windows to close the legacy title workspace.Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.08.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDE! YES! THANK YOU! It's insane that Adobe still hasn't fixed this issue 2 years later but your method is totally working so thank you so much for figuring that out! It's infuriating when I'm making captions for a video with dozens of seperate title's and the legacy title layout changes every single time I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... I know it has it's uses, but note that it's the "Legacy Titler" ... and the reason it hasn't had any updates in several versions is it's going buh-bye at some point.

As another user, I can see using it in old continuing projects that just need a quick updating. I would not see any reason to use it on any new project, or on any major continuing project that will keep being updated constantly. We users have no clue when it's going to disappear.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then remove it. If it exists in the current version it should work. Period. This is a Boolean.

And nothing goes Buh-bye. Features are added and removed. Software is updated. As the end users we have a say in this process. There are enterprise alternatives and my company is weighing them. I am making recommendations to this end.

Having used both the Essential Graphics tool and the Legacy Title Tool I find the Legacy system faster and more flexible for my pipeline. That is the end of my decision process.

If Adobe wants me to use the EGT and stop prodding them to fix something they own - remove the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just an old fart who has been using Legacy Title Tool for years. I am comfortable with it. I use it for text, not graphics. I agree with you, but my question is what other alternatives are there that work so easily with Premiere? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, creating basic text items in the EGP is a lot faster than working with the old Titler. Key-short for Text tool, click/drag if I want a box, just click if I'm only adding one line ... type my text ... place it with the appropriate tools (same process as in Titler there) ... move on.

I can do this without even changing to the graphics workspace. So yea, we all work differently, and prefer the look and 'feel' of one UI element over another. But for simple ease of adding text and moving on, the current graphics setup is fast and easy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE YOU andret92552443 .... new-emoji-2020-01_kxq2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, the love.  I'm glad you found a way to use the Legacy Title once again.  There are also tons of free Mogrts (motion graphic templates) in case you are not an advanced user.  Motion Array, Envato Elements are just a few that offer these for FREE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This did it for me too, but hoping the bug is fixed completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD thank you, this has been driving me absolutely insane as I have to transcribe very often. This immediately resolved my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, this has been happening to me too.  Before that the tool bars from the Legacy Title page disappeared and I had to re-add them every time I opened a new Legacy Title, it was infuriating.  Seems to be a thing since 2019 launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we fixed the issue where the legacy titler panels weren't showing up at all in the default workspaces. Unfortunately, this fix came at the end of the 13.0.2 cycle and we ran out of time to fix a side effect, where the panels aren't maintaining their original layout. Given that the original problem prevented access to the legacy titler panels, we wanted to provide that fix ASAP. We hope to get the layout resizing bug (now a separate issue) fixed soon. If you reset the workspace, that should reset the legacy titler panel layout.

David Kuspa | Adobe | Sr. Experience Designer, Lead | Pro Video & Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reset the workspace, that should reset the legacy titler panel layout.

I which that was true: it does not in most workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you let us know Adobe is working on it. Can the track matte bug be fixed?

https://youtu.be/7KzjlsKGX7E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hope to get the layout resizing bug (now a separate issue) fixed soon.

I'll be eager to get this fixed. Is there a way I can be notified when it's fixed? Or should I just keeping checking for an entire new update to Premiere? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this bug fix update? The issue still driving me crazy guys..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over a year and this is not resolved. Can we pause work on new products and stem the bleeding from the core production suite please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ancient Titler is not a "core" section of Premiere, and all work forward will be put into the replacement. And over time,  at some point, the Titler will disappear.

Life moves forward. Tools change. Including software. Whether we like it or not the best current effort is to posit for changes in Essential Graphics to handle anything you do in the Titler that the EGP doesn't allow.

Which is getting to be fewer things over time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to disagree: PP CC is presumably a professional tool for web
and broadcast. Either the EGP or the LT (either one) must work 100% or
PP is essentially broken. I suppose a workflow could be to create
graphics in AE and export them to PP but I might just as well be using
a Chyron at that point. So long as EGP isn't quite a replacement for
LT, then LT should function at 100% or PP is degraded as a product.
I'm not a workflow snob - I've transitioned from Avid to Final Cut to
Premiere with few complaints. What I can't abide is flagging support
and Adobe is starting to feel a lot like Avid with promised support
but lackluster delivery.

My humble opinion is that they simply have too many brands in the
fire. I'd love them to hack off a few branches and focus on their core
video and audio assets for a couple of years. But admittedly that's
just me.

--
Hunter Cressall
Senior Production Associate, Pack Health

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines