Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Legacy title" panel size changes every time I reopen

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I am doing a new project where I have to use a lot of on screen text. I am using "Legacy Title" to create those text.

The problem that I am having is that the size of the panels change every time I reopen the titles.

Below are the images:

1) First time I open it. This is normal. All three panels are divided properly.

Capture_01.PNG

2) Second time I open: Look at the left and right panels. Right panel gets extended and the left one gets squished.

Capture_02.PNG

3) Third time I open the title. Again look at the left and right panels.

Capture_04.PNG

This gets really annoying when dealing with lots of on screen text!

Any help will be appreciated.

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi, we fixed the issue where the legacy titler panels weren't showing up at all in the default workspaces. Unfortunately, this fix came at the end of the 13.0.2 cycle and we ran out of time to fix a side effect, where the panels aren't maintaining their original layout. Given that the original problem prevented access to the legacy titler panels, we wanted to provide that fix ASAP. We hope to get the layout resizing bug (now a separate issue) fixed soon. If you reset the workspace, that should r

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 126 Replies 126
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm giving up on Premier Pro. The only reason I haven't switched is because Photoshop. I do lots of titles and I prefer the Legacy titler. This Problem wasn't a problem 3 years ago. How do you go backward in dev. oh I'm sooo mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still dealing with this issue, even in v15.0.  This is extremely frustrating and such a stupid bug.  I think I'm switching to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They dropped most of the "obsolete" audio effects this version. I've been expecting that Legacy Titler would go at any time.

That's just "reality", as all engineering effort is going into the new code of the Essential Graphics/mogrts system. Bummer for those who are so used to a few things of the old Titler that still aren't available in the EGP. Yep.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to wade into the debate but please, please fix the legacy titler and don't ever remove it if you want to keep me as a customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke! It's 2021 and this issue still exists. Resetting the workspace does nothing.

Any chance you're gonna fix this? Or is this another bug to be added to the pile of things Adobe users just have to put up with?

Check out this screenshot of my current legacy title. This happens every single time I open a legacy title. No matter what my panel settings or workspace settings are. Is this really what I'm paying for? I spend more time debugging titles than actually making them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... that's been called the "Legacy Titler" for about three years now. I think that outta be enough clue that it's on the way out, and no, I don't expect to see any engineer time spent on an "ancient" code item they're getting ready to simply chuck.

Yea, for some workflows it's smoother than the new graphics thing ... but then, as someone who's a bit of an expert on Lumetri, SpeedGrade was one Hades of a lot more color correction awesomeness. And it's long gone. Some day relatively soon, that ol' Titler is just not gonna be there. Whether you like it or not. A very small percentage of the user base still spends any time at all with it. I've not done anything with it in a couple years myself.

And of course, I've been pushing for changes to the EGP workflow. Many of which we've got, including porting all the keyboard shorts from the Titler to work with the graphics created in the EGP. It still would be good to get some more shapes for certain. And a couple of the shading, curving, and other options.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Troubled why some would take the time to offer such and unhelpful and some might say antagonistic post. As a community we have a huge range of applications and requirements from the legacy titler - many of which might be beyond your experience. In this thread we are here to support each other and help Adobe see what is important to us by evidence of how we continue to find in valuble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Sorry about the broken tool. Definitely let the team know here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35980855-legacy-title-bug

I am a former full time editor, now working in support. There are a lot of things to learn about where the newer tools are falling short, I am finding. I apologize for the frustration. 

I encourage you to leave feature requests for the devs in User Voice. I will also advocate for any requests you'd like to see. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. Had this thread saved because I commented first. I'm still doing a lot of titles and frustrated with the titler. It must really be a huge job to fix this. They haven't scrapped it yet either. I'll check the link, thanks - Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Legacy Titler ain't gonna get fixed ... period. End of story.

That's been clear for several years now, so ... frustrating as it is for some people, it ain't gonna change. I am not expecting that the 23.X series of builds will have the Titler nor several of the other Obsolete/Legacy effects. With that 'tool' they added for converting the parts of legacy titles that can be converted, I think we're about at the end.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not antagonistic at all. I'm NOT against the Titler period. Never have been.

Just realistic.

I've argued with the engineers and managers at NAB and MAX about the problems with both tools from the moment the EGP was brought out. The Titler is ancient, no question there ... and I understand the reluctance to spend a dime of time to fix that decrepit (though still useful) thing.

But ... the EGP at first combined some cool new functionality but especially TON of limitations, and it took them awhile to get some of those limitations banished. Most of the limitations are now thankfully gone. But definitely, not all.

And as to general workflow issues, there are some things that are more difficult to do with the EGP/mogrts work where at times dealing with a simple asset in a bin is handy. Granted. And yes, I understand that.

For many of the myriad discussions about the twain I've been around at NAB, MAX, here and other forums ... the issues underlying the arguments were really more about forced changes in workflow in the EGP versus the Titler. Which was really about being forced into a change of steps and patterns, but not actually any loss of functionality.

It irked those pushing for the Titler that they would need to change their patterns. Hey, for any of us, that's a royal pain when you're just trying to get stuff out the door. Again, I understand. I'm there all the time.

And I've been around those who were totally adamant against the forced change to using managed on-disc folders and CC Libraries to use and distribute graphics. But after they finally had to figure out how the new process worked, they were very surprised to find that they actually had more control over what the other people in their shop did with graphics. For instance, when they updated a logo or something, they simply replaced the one in the shared Library, enforcing the change on all editors & assistants working in the shop.

Quickly, efficiently, no arguments, no meetings, no pleading with people to make the change themselves ... just replace thew old with new & done. Any further work by everyone in the shop is done using the new version. And suddenly, what had seemed an imposition was actually a great help.

There are some needs where the new stuff ain't quite there yet. Feel free to complain about that, long & loud. I'll support that ... but understand you've got a much better chance of getting a useful change by requesting changes in the EGP/mogrts operations.

Again ... just being realistic. I want those changes as much as you do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly none of the issues are about workflow changes. They are about
baseline functionality.

I've abandoned both the EGT and legacy titler because neither is reliable.

What does that say about Adobe?

--
Hunter Cressall
Senior Production Associate, Pack Health
205-613-3286 | solutions.packhealth.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask what do you use for titles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects. It's ultimately easier to generate titles as an Ae project and integrate them into my Ppr pipeline than deal with the strong personalities of EGP and LT. The end result is more nuanced as well.

I COMPLETELY agree that the ability to share titles and graphics through Adobe cloud is great but that simply does not intersect with what I do or how I work yet.

Adobe needs to be as attentaive to its individual user as it is to its team users. I'm a team user but my organization has another prcess for sharing and updates that for valid reasons do not fit in the Adobe cloud solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for saying this David. I am nauseated by the attitude of responders like Neil who would prefer to belittle your needs with the software you pay money for, rather than simply remain quiet and let the problem be resolved. We're not here for Neil's resume, nor do we care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No attempt to belittle anyone's workflow nor needs. I've stated many times there are workflows that the EGP/mogrts system as-is at any 'current' time doesn't handle well, and that people need to hit their UserVoice to complain/request changes.

They've made significant changes since the EGP/mogrts first appeared, they need to make more. Like the basic shapes everyone wants. I don't understand even starting without that, but ... what the hay.

I'm also realistic ... they aren't going to "update" the Legacy Titler any more than they were going to update SpeedGrade. Which I complained loudly about.

So posting vigorously at UserVoice is needed, more so than this forum. As their UserVoice system is where the M&E people get their metrics from. And it's the M&E people, NOT the program team, you need to get "to".

They're up above the programs, they study metrics to determine the future for their corporation, and they pretty much decide features & budgets for the apps. It's how Adobe works. Whether anyone likes it or not is basically irrelevant, if you want to get changes you need to recognize how they 'see' change requests.

It's pretty irritating at times. I've had engineers share with me at live events such as NAB what is "tops" of the user requested list. And for many of them, one wonders about the sanity of the human population. I can't imagine anyone using those things, but ... they were at the top of the list.

And that wasn't put together by the teams. It came from M&E metrics. That's what we all have to struggle with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here we are in march of 2021 and this issue is still not fixed. twenty-twenty-one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely never will.

Legacy title will be gone some day in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. Some of the obsolete/legacy effects went to the big graveyard in the ether with the 15.0 public release. How long the ol' Titler will be around, who knows.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Here we are two years later...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its May 2021 and this problem is still not fixed.  This is really pathetic.  It should be a simple fix. Don't say that you have fixed it when it was never fixed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated so many times: don't count on a fix.

It's called legacy for a reason: it's going to be dropped from the program in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick reminder about what the forums are best for...

Helping the community with fixes and work arounds and helping Adobe understand what is a priority for us. If your post doesn’t do one of those things have a little chat with yourself about your motivation for posting maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines