• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Position" value on keyframes seemingly changing on it's own.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing videos where I import a screenshot of an article and use the position & crop effects to scroll the image in synch with audio narration, So that the part being read is always in the center of the screen.

I'll get through half the article and all the previous keyframes seem to be working as intended and going back on the timeline shows everything in the correct position.

I start working on the 2nd half of the video and when I come back and check the 1st half, ALL the positions of EVERY keyframe have changed somehow.

Now the images are no longer centered and the position value on every single keyframe is like 200 pixels higher than I originally set it. On EVERY SINGLE KEYFRAME!!! Even though I know they were in the correct positions previously, and even though I didn't do anything to consciously change their values.

I can't fix it with CTRL+Z either because I don't know when it's happening and by the time I notice all my previous keyframes are screwed up, I could be 10-20 actions past the point where CTRL+Z would fix it. And by that point it's faster to just erase all my work and start over than to try to manually change the values of every single keyframe 1 at a time.

Last night this had me re-doing the same part of the same video 3 times! I wanted to cry it was so frustrating. Made a 4 hour job take 12 hours.

So here are my questions:

• Is there some feature I'm not aware of that lets you adjust the position values of more than one keyframe at a time? For example a command that will subtract or add 50px to the position value on more than one keyframe at a time?

• Is this a bug or a glitch anyone else has encountered?

• Any ideas whatsoever on what might be causing this and how to prevent it?

TY in advance...

P.S. I'm using the CS6 version of Premiere Pro, Not the most recent Creative Cloud Version.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs6 is old and I certainly don't remember much about using it...  Rather than undoing as far as you can go, you might check your autosaves... I have my autosave interval set to 5 minutes...  but might get you back to where things were working properly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you change any anchor point? That can cause all sorts of odd behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines