"Stretching" keyframes proportionately

Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

I just switched to PPro from Sony Vegas. Is there a way to "stretch" multiple key frames so that they keep their relative distances? In Vegas, I'd hold Alt while moving the last selected key frame and it would work. In PPro, that copies the key frames. I've tried all other modifier keys/key combinations and nothing does it. Is that even doable in PPro?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Stretching" keyframes proportionately

Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

I just switched to PPro from Sony Vegas. Is there a way to "stretch" multiple key frames so that they keep their relative distances? In Vegas, I'd hold Alt while moving the last selected key frame and it would work. In PPro, that copies the key frames. I've tried all other modifier keys/key combinations and nothing does it. Is that even doable in PPro?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2017 1
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of this functionality.  You'd have to do the math and move the keyframes manually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in PPro. After Effects does it the way that you described.

Possible work around.

You can copy the clip with the keyframes. (Edit/copy)

Make a longer version of the clip in your timeline, (Edit/paste attributes) on to the longer clip. and check scale attribute times in the paste attributes panel. replace the shorter clip with the longer one.

Not as convenient as the "stretch/compress option" but no math.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 1
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this begs the question: if it is in Ae, why not in PP? Guess I'll have to ask for it as a feature request. Thanks for the replies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 5
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just change the speed by right clicking on the clip and it spreads out the keyframes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2019 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the speed by right clicking doesn't work for me: the keyframes stay in their initial position.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a preset of the keyframes and save it to Scale.

Re-insert clip on timeline and drop preset.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann: works fine!

All my masking keyframes are preserved and show pretty well in the resized version of the background image.

This technique is not intuitive at all, but it does the job!  ;o)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 1