• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to create image buffer" Premiere Pro Error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I open Premiere Pro now, I get about 15 minutes of time editing before the screen goes black and starts flickering/freezing. I get the "unable to create image buffer" error message right before the screen goes black. I've tried many methods of fixing this problem, read many articles online, but so far the only answer i can find online to fix this error, is by using a different version of Premiere pro. I'm currently using the latest 2020 version of Premiere pro and do not want to switch versions since I'll lose my projects. Does anyone have a solution to this error?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now nobody can know anything about your situation because we don't know what your setup is. See Ann's link about information to provide.

It sounds like you might be running out of VRAM.

If you change versions you will not lose your projects, you may just need to use a tool to downgrade them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Phillip,

Sorry about forgetting to add in my setup details! Im editing on the latest 14.4 version of Premiere Pro 2020. I have CUDA GPU acceleration being used on my project and am dealing with lots of lag, aswell as crashes happening every 15 minutes of being in my project with the most common errors popping up being "Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file" and "Unable to create image buffer".

20201013_153415.jpg

20201013_153711.jpg

  

20201013_154245.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where to begin with listing the problems.. I've lost count. When going into my premiere project I get about 10 minutes worth of laggy editing before receiving multiple error messages such as "unable to create image buffer", "frame substitution recursion attempt aborting", "the target disk does not have enough free space premiere pro" and countless more! After getting these errors, the screen usually goes black, flickers back into a different computer screen format, then freezes my whole computer to the point where sometimes I can't restart. I'm using the latest 2020 14.4 version of Premiere Pro, CUDA GPU acceleration is being used and my OS + RAM space is plentiful. Adobe, I've used your software for around 3 years now and I must say it's borderline unusable. Do all your users a favor by investing time in resolving all glitches/errors, before rushing into updating newer features that are bound to create more software problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines