• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unknown Error" when saving a Premire project directly to a Dropbox folder

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Dropbox to store most of my files so I can share them easily, so I normaly create the projects directly on a Dropbox sync folder on my PC.

However, since some days ago, I have started getting this error when trying to create or save a .prpoj directly into a Dropbox sync folder:

An unknown error occurred while saving the project.

<Name>.prproj (\\?\D:\Dropbox\<directory>

I believe the error has to do with the "?" in the start of the saving location.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Both Dropbox and Premiere Pro are up to date.

Agirres_1-1594996587612.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question marks and other "grammatical or special" characters are often problematic in folder tree/filenames. Have you tried not using that and see if it works?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, I don't know what that question mark is. I mean, C: or D: are the furthest back you can go. 

Maybe I should ask Dropbox for support. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question mark was the more serious concern. As computer names often include colons, back-slashes and periods.

Using exclamation points, question marks, the other grammatical items are at times an issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely a bug as the Premiere team may have taken out the CDATA portion of the XML tag for the project. I'd report it to the bug team. With the slashes in there it prematurely closes the tag in the XML, hence the need for CDATA...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I report it to the bug team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Via their UserVoice system. All posts there are seen by at least one engineer, and collated for delivery to upper managment.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines