Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"We were unable to open the file on disk" Import error on Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem: When i try to add a video file I have error: "We were unable to open the file on disk. "

I can import any other video (.mp4, .avi) and other .mov files too. But this one single .mov file I cannot import. I also tried to use another drive (internal and external) to import the file - but it doesnt work.

Specs of the file: 618,4 mb, 1920x1080, H.264, AAC, 5:26 min, (.mov)

My computer: MacBook Pro 2015 13"; 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5; 8GB Ram; Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB; macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Premiere Pro: 14.3.2

I have googled for solutions but no one really seems to have an answer. I would really appreciate the help if anyone has any solutions.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this bug too.  I just installed Premier today, and can't open .mov files coming straight from the camera.  I'm on a Mac.  If I run them through iMovie and export, I can open them.  Any idea what causes this error message Adobe?  This bug seems to have been present for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where did this file come from?  Please run this thru media info and tell us it's specs

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines