• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Your system's hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current settings" on export

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new option to select "Hardware Accelerated" on export.

I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), Processor:  4 GHz Intel Core i7,  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and a  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB graphic card.

I can use hardware acceleration in the timeline for render but no on export? What's up?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

The MPE renderer and the Intel H.264 encoder are two completely separate things. In your case, the Radeon R9 M295x, AFAIK, does not support hardware H.264 encoding at all. And the H.264 encoder in Premiere Pro CC 2018.1 only supports 6th- or later generation Intel I series CPUs with only the integrated, on-CPU Intel HD or UHD Graphics 500- or later series enabled. Unfortunately, Apple configured all of its systems with discrete GPUs to always automatically switch the GPU to the discrete one when

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MPE renderer and the Intel H.264 encoder are two completely separate things. In your case, the Radeon R9 M295x, AFAIK, does not support hardware H.264 encoding at all. And the H.264 encoder in Premiere Pro CC 2018.1 only supports 6th- or later generation Intel I series CPUs with only the integrated, on-CPU Intel HD or UHD Graphics 500- or later series enabled. Unfortunately, Apple configured all of its systems with discrete GPUs to always automatically switch the GPU to the discrete one when Premiere is launched, and makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to override that behavior. And Adobe does not currently support hardware acceleration of H.264 encodes through a discrete GPU.

By the way, your iMac is too old to even support Adobe's implementation of the Intel H.264 hardware encoder in any event: It has only a 4th-generation i5 or i7 CPU. And even its integrated graphics is only an HD Graphics 4600 – too old to be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, but on a Windows based desktop. The GPU in question is the AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my response above. The hardware H.264 encoder described in this discussion does not support CUDA or OpenCL at all. It supports only Intel QuickSync, which currently only the integrated Intel on-CPU graphics processors support. It has absolutely nothing at all to do whatsoever with the MPE GPU acceleration for pre-renders.

So, if you're using an AMD CPU, you cannot have hardware H.264 acceleration at all. Nor can you have hardware H.264 acceleration at all if you're using an Intel CPU that requires a discrete GPU just to even work at all (such as a CPU that uses the X299 chipset on the motherboard).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand now. I believe my confusion was between Hardware Acceleration in Premiere vs using OpenCL when rendering out the project in Media Encoder. I've never worked with an AMD or OpenCL card before (only Nvidia CUDA) but I believe this makes more sense now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error with Premiere Pro CC. Got the error saying "Your system's hardware does not support hardware acceleration". Picked H.264, but had to change the preset, then the GPU on my Predator started working for encoding/export. The preset on the export menu was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. Both GPUs were enabled but the export preset was the problem.

VBR, 2 Pass removes the Hardware Acceleration option. 1 Pass and CBR keeps it available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So on VBR, 2 Pass it's impossible to have the Hardware Acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. None of the hardware encoders currently available support 2-pass at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for hours for a solution since I have Intel QuickSync. In my case, I only had to change from 30fps to 29.97fps, and now I can use hardware acceleration. I know I am like 2 years late, but all of you deserve the credits for this help, so THANK YOU! 😍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have macbook pro 16" i9 cpu 9th but i have a same problem too why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the unanswered question is "so what is the Windows Based PC hardware I need (exactly) to be able to render with the best quality/resolution/speed?  I know Adobe cannot recommend hardware, but they CAN tell you what they are using in their test kitchens to get the best results.  Motherboard? CPU? GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a good place to check would be with a couple of the shops that do custom video-post computer builds.

For example, Puget Systems has some good documentation of what performance they're getting with what hardware in the various apps. I decided to just have them build me a new machine with the proviso it's primarily an Adobe rig BUT does need to run Resolve good also.

Fascinating decisions process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this in the same way as @JoeBrague : changing from H264 codec to HEVC (H265). This codec does allow hardware acceleration on a Radeon RX580 and, as JoeBrague already stated, also using a Nvidia GTX1050Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hae 2018 macbook pro 15" i9

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

and i get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying with my same issue, different solution: my video was recorded in a weird profile, not high-4.2. So in export at 'match sequence settings' it was trying to export that same weird way and not giving me the option for hardware encoding. Switching the export to Main 4.2 fixed it for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i7-7xxx (7th gen Intel CPU)

GTX 1050 Ti

was getting your error message when selecting "hardware encoding" in the performance drop down menu )in the encoding settings section in the video tab, when exporting media in the file menu)

MY SOLUTION (SOLVED):  pick "HEVC (H.265)" in the Format drop down menu (in the top export settings)

usnure why (using Premier v22 on win10 21H1 64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines