• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM or Storage?

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, a raw beginner, am configuring a new desktop PC for video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro. I’m just about at the end and have the funds to either upgrade RAM from

32GB, 2x16GB, DDR4, 2933Mhz to

64GB, 2x32GB, DDR4, 2933Mhz,

or to upgrade storage from

1TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD + 2TB SATA 7200RPM HDD to

2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD + 2TB SATA 7200RPM HDD, or to some other combo of SSD and HDD.

What would you recommend?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are both good. If you can get by with the 1tb drive for now, then I would suggest the memory. It's easier to add a drive later. Another m2. The spinning drive is realistically only going to be for backup, etc. Anything you want to edit with should be on the m2. You might consider an external drive (USB3) for the spinner and put another SSD in there. I configured my current computer with 2 m2s. From my previous rig that had 2 SSDs. Then first time on the new machine I went to backup from one drive to the other... I saw the confilict, I didn't really want to backup to an m2. So, I went and got a 1tb ssd for secondary files and my nightly backups, and I already had a wd NAS and large WD Usb drives for longer term backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines