Highlighted

Random audio pops on export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have recently been hearing audio "pops" after exporting my sequences.  This is not on cuts.  It is in the middle of the sound (usually a persons voice on camera).  There is no pop when listening on the timeline.  I've tried many different export settings with no luck.  The weird thing is ..... it will eventually render without it.  Anyone else experience this?

Topics

Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Random audio pops on export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have recently been hearing audio "pops" after exporting my sequences.  This is not on cuts.  It is in the middle of the sound (usually a persons voice on camera).  There is no pop when listening on the timeline.  I've tried many different export settings with no luck.  The weird thing is ..... it will eventually render without it.  Anyone else experience this?

Topics

Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info -- this happens when queing multiple sequences in Media Encoder.  Doesn't seem to happen when I export individually out of premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this when exporting out from After Effects, via Adobe Media Encoder. The pops were not in any way connected to cuts or effects in the timeline, it was just a steady poppping every second or so. I fixed it by changing the audio type from AAC to MPEG in the AME export settings window. I had also previously changed my audio file in the After Effects project from .mp3 to .wav, so I don't know if it needs both those things in place, or whether changing the audio type would have worked with the .mp3 anway?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your audio levels in Premiere with Audio Meters.

At any point, is your audio clipping? (hitting the utmost top red part of your audio meters and triggering the clipping indicators at the top?) If so, that's likely the reason why, and you would need to lower your audio or apply a limiter to make sure your audio is not clipping.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the audio isn't clipping.  The reason I think this is a bug is that the pops change location when I export the sequence.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same, no audio is clipping at all in the orginal source composition in After Effects. The pops also just move location for each export. The only thing that seems consistent for each export is that they don't start until after about the first 5 seconds of the video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your source's sampling rates?  And what are the sampling rates of your export?    always use an audio format that's uncompressed like aiffs or .wavs.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Averdahl LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you take on of those problematic sequences and go to File > Export using the settings on the attached image? If you import that audio and place it on the timeline and mute the original audio, can you see any dropouts in the audio wave forms and how does it sound?

I have seen this happen when the hard disk were the original media is slow or when using some audio effects, or both combinations.

Averdahl_0-1594651130759.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines