• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Blue Screen Errors in Premiere Pro CC (multiple versions)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently been experiencing random BSOD with multiple versions of PP CC. The issues started occurring within the last few days. I used the adobe cleaner tool, uninstalled/reinstalled CC, rolled back to different versions of PP to no avail (although CC2017 went the longest without crashing). My component drivers are up to date, and my footage is mp4.

The BSOD messages are different every time, which leads me to think that this is a software issue. This issue is only with the Adobe suite. No other applications cause this issue, including graphics-heavy gaming.

The BSOD messages vary per occurrence and I haven't been able to nail down the culprit.

My specs should not be an issue, here they are for reference:

custom build

Windows 10 10.0.17763

ROG Maximus Code XI

I9 9900K CPU - OC to 5.1 (stable)

32 GB DDR4 @3200 mhz

RTX 2080 8GB

Please help! I'm running out of time and patience, this is frustrating me to no end.

Feel free to chime in if you are experiencing similar issues.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

I would start with setting the cpu to default setting instead of OC.

Same goes for RAM, try a lower frequency.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 4D below comes to mind.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with RTX2080, i7 8700K, 16GB RAM DDR4 @3200 MHz, can't fix it (BSOD only when export, many different errors any try)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting that now too, I was able to keep PP2017 running with now errors to complete the project, but now on export it BSOD's every time. Can't figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue since late February and still haven't been able to solve it so I moved over to Cyberlink Powerdirector. Once this issue is fixed, I'll come back to Adobe but nothing I have tried in an attempt to fix it has worked at all, whether it's new solutions or decade-old solutions. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere shouldn't be able to cause a BSOD - only faulty drivers should (it is possible premiere is doing something wonky, but in theory the OS/drivers should guard against that..)

The BSOD screen should either report an error code, or point to a .sys file caused the error - if you google that you can get a better idea what the problem might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere shouldn't be able to cause a BSOD - only faulty drivers should (it is possible premiere is doing something wonky, but in theory the OS/drivers should guard against that..)

The BSOD screen should either report an error code, or point to a .sys file caused the error - if you google that you can get a better idea what the problem might be.

I know you're responding to OP and not me specifically, but since I'm here I'll respond as well. I've done complete reinstalls and literal hours of Googling error codes and reading .sys files and can't find anything. It's only Premiere that does this. I can game, video edit with other programs, photo edit, and do everything else just as well as I could before. I just can't use Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you mtbird95, the error that populates is different in each instance. If  Google were to be believed, I'd need to send all of my current back to the manufacturers because they are defective. That isn't the case, as my computer is stable in every other situation except for PP ME and AE. My drivers are all up to date too. This error in late March. I have been using CC on this machine since Novemeber with no CC issues until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of files is everyone using? I just started using the Sony A7sii and am now now having this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with setting the cpu to default setting instead of OC.

Same goes for RAM, try a lower frequency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my MOBO to clear the OC settings and this seems to have solved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having with same issue and dont know what you mean by this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, 2 years later I joined the Premiere Pro blue screen party. Not being able to load bin thumbnail views without blue screen. The above seems to have fixed my problem and below is a more simple wording of it.

Restart your PC, when you get your first screen, hold delete. This will take you into the BIOS menu. Go into the advanced menu. Set your OverClocking settings to AUTO. Save and restart.

This should fix your issue. So far, so good for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm very angry, still have this problem, I can't work, i think i'll switch to another software since Adobe fix this incredible issue. Really disappointed. No problems with other software with the same or over spec. use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post helped me out - after deleting the file mentioned Premiere worked as expected (I restarted the computer just to be sure)

Premier Pro 2019 CRASH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rcp32967121 mtbird95​, Giulio,

Are you hanging when "importerQuickTime.prm" tries to load? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was hanging after starting up - so it made it through that part..

Though, that has be an issue in the past. Just not this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm not hanging at start up, I can get into the program. The issue happens when I try to start doing.

Examples:

I received 3 different errors when starting my proxy import today. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE

These errors occur when performing regular tasks like scrubbing, browsing the media folder, setting effects, exporting etc. It's not 1 task that causes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my RTX 2080 Super win 10 Pro, i7 32GB of RAM. Both 

premiere pro and premiere rush crash when exporting 4K video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar set up except i7 CPU with no Overclocking turned on but same RTX 2080 Super, Windows 10 Pro and 32GB or Ram and get BSOD every time I try and export 4k video from Premier Pro. I have just done a clean out of Drivers and fresh install even changed from DCH to Standard driver install but no luck. This is driving me nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this over on the UserVoice system ... this forum is mostly user-to-user help (like me) ... but only product support oversight typically.

Reporting this in detail on the UV site gets that information directly to the engineers (and in collated form to upper managers). Give a detailed info list of your gear, media, and workflow when it's crashing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I've solved it going to BIOS panel and reducing my overclocked RAM from 1922 Mhz to nominal 1600 Mhz. Blue Screen roblems related with memory disappeared with that simply solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple other people over the last couple years that reverted their RAM back to 'normal' and got out of messes. So it's always worth a try.

And naturally everyone's mileage always varies, which makes this more complex to sort out. I know others with significantly overclocked everything without issues. No freaking clue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with my daughters laptop running premiere. not funny when she has a project for school with deadlines.
BOSD on i7 9the gen, 16gb ram, GTX1650 with default factory settings.
Everything works fine,  except for adobe. 😞 
I wish school should use alternative tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines