• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Frames turning Gray.

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a video for the last couple of months and recently, some frames in my timeline are turning gray. This happens when scrubbing and during playback as well as when the video is exported. I have tried Exporting in H.265, H.264 and Apple ProRes with the same results. I know it sounds confusing so I added some screenshots - the first frame is from the video and the very next frame, the screen turns gray. Any advice?

-Robbie

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your rushes are from the same source? Same camera? And what kind of camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all of my footage is from my Fuji XT4. Shot in F-Log at 4k 60fps. Nothing has been transcoded or proxied. Everything was fine a couple of days ago but now these grayed out frames are popping up in my timeline randomly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with your pc specs please and check if the gpu acceleration is on (project settings- general - renderer) ... you might need an update to the gfx card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a Radeon RX 580  (4GB) and has the most up-to-date driver installed. I always have the GPU set as my defualt in rederer. I have attempted to render and playback with Software Only and the issue still persists. Even after exporting the movie in several different codecs it is still showing grayed out frames in the same places. I have tried to remove the clips, and then re-grade and fix audio levels to add them in and it seems like it solves it but it will happen to a different clip down the line. Its like fixing it, creates another gray screen somewhere in my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Maybe you are running out of workable memory.

Close all other apps, clear your media cahce files, open premiere pro and then try again.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the advice! I have tried this a couple of times as I get the warning sign show up every so often but even after freshly clearing my media cache, the same issue is happening. Do you guys think I should open a ticket with Adobe to figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

It looks like the issue lies with the Hue vs. Luma sliders. Whenever an adjustment is made there, it turns parts of those frames gray (even after being rendered). Is this a known bug? I have updated to PP15 and it looks like it does it there too. It also looks like it creates artifacts in the HvsL colors that I change.. very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry that you're facing such an annoying problem

it's not a common issue!

I advise you to contact Adobe Customer Support through chat or phone:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person that can help you

Chat is available 24/7

Phone support is available from 5 am to 7 pm M-F, Pacific Standard Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem so it is an issue within premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was experiencing this a while a go. Ive been trying to render it for days and im really annoyed. after all settings stuff and install uninstall. I gave it a shot to install media encoder. If you have one already. Try rendering it to HEVC (H.256) Match source -high bitrate. It worked for me. I almost give up on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. H.265 > H.264 🙂 

Thanks for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunantley the H.265 did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines