• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random green screens and stutter keeps popping up

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to put together a 20-minute video on Premiere Pro and keep running into issues. In the Source screen, just about every time I hit stop I get a green screen. Green screens and stutter pop up in the monitor but sometimes it plays through cleanly until I export. Green Screens pop up when I export. I've tried clearing my caches and went to the Mercury software engine someone suggested. A previous version of the video exported fine after I switched to the Mercury software output but since adding new clips it has been a monster. I'm exporting to H.264. Help I have a deadline tomorrow night. 

I'm working on a MacBook Pro circa 2018. Here are the specs;

Macbook Pro 13 inch with 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16 gig memory

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Two ideas of what may be happening:

1. If you switch to "Software Only" in the Project Settings and the problem goes away, that usually inidcates an issue with the GPU. In your case the Intel Iris Graphic chip is not as powerful as a discrete GPU; have you tried OpenCL in that menu option? Otherwise the other option might be an OS update (though I would be wary of updating in the middle of a project). What version of MacOS are you running?
  2. What type of footage are you cutting? This could also be an issue with the codec you're editing with.

WM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WM,

Thanks for the ideas. I'm pretty much a novice, as you probably can tell. Can I switch to Open CL mid-project or do I need to create a new project? I'm cutting a standard mp4 file from a Windows Freeware program called Ultra Screen Recorder. My first two projects were healed by going to Mercury software engine but this one is being really stubborn. I'm adding new clips to no avail. It seems mostly to happen in the transitions between clips.

Another question: Is it helpful to keep the clips and the project in the same folder? 

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I'm running Mojave so I think I'm just one behind.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I finally got those video clips to stabilize by exporting each individual one through Premiere from the project list window and bringing in and using the exported versions. Green stopped. I'm having to record on a PC and edit on a Mac so I'm going to make that part of my workflow from now on and hope I don't get the Green Flash again. Thanks for the help and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines