• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random, intermittent audio pops/clicks

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will sound impossible, perhaps, but it is starting to happen on my projects.  I'm a long-time PP user and am running PP 2017.0.1.

I'm dealing with AVCHD footage.  I find that audio pops/clicks appear and disappear in my unedited timelines.  I can import footage and place a single clip on a timeline, listen to it and it seems fine.  Then later, listening again I will hear an occasional pop/click.  If I zoom in on the sequence, I see a visible click on the audio waveform.  Now, here's the weird part.  Usually, if I save my project as is, bring up a different one and then bring up the original one, the pop/click is gone.  Gone from the waveform and gone when listening.  Another approach that usually works to remove it is to switch to audio units view.  The click is still there on the waveform, but it is no longer audible.  If I then zoom in one unit on this audio unit view, the waveform no longer shows the pop (and it's still not audible).  If I then zoom back out one unit, the audio unit waveform no longer shows the pop/click.

The pop/click varies considerably in intensity and can be quite noticeable.  Because it is sometimes gone, I can't think it's anything to do with my recording technique, my camera or my computer hardware.  I was thinking there might be something going on with the audio conforming process but don't know much about it.

If anyone is interested I captured screen shots of one of these sequences which I could post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

what are your hardware specs? Are the clicks still there after rendering? Do you have on-board-Sound? Bad Motherboard-Architecture can cause bad sound artifacts when the CPU is under heavy load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen anything like this before.  Give these a try...

Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add a couple of screen shots to show what's happening.  I created a new project.  I imported my AVCHD file and allowed the conforming process to complete.  I dropped the single file on a new timeline and looked for one of the pops.  I found one (heard it and saw it on the audio portion of the sequence).  I then switched to audio time units, zoomed in and captured the first image.Before PP restart.jpg 

Then I saved the project, exited PP and restarted it and selected the newly saved project.  The click was now gone on the timeline.

After PP restart.jpg

I don't see how the visual waveform could change if no reconforming was done.  I don't understand the conforming process but can't image how my audio setup on my machine could affect this.

For the record, my system is Windows 10 running on an Intel Core i7-4770K at 3.5 GHz with 16GB RAM and media and caches spread around 4 internal 2TB drives.  My MB is an Asus Maximus VI Hero with on-board audio and I have an nVidia graphics adapter for CUDA.  It was not stressed at all during this test.

Incidentally, the audible click was gone after this process.  Also, when the click/pop is audible, it *does* appear in rendered output from the Media Encoder.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same issue! My problem is I've got a 5+ hour movie that I need to export. How can I be certain that all the pops will be gone when exporting?

I quite desperately need a solution.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete media cache pek. If that doesn't work you can try transcoding before ingesting.

The importer may be buggy with that video/audio flavour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I be certain that all the pops will be gone when exporting?

Watch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These seemingly random clicks, pops, and static-like sounds are still a serious problems in Premiere 14.8.0 (Build 39). It happens on footage of all kinds. The best way to minimize this is to restart Premiere frequently. Unfortunately, that is not a guaranteed way to avoid these bugs entirely. The bottom line is that you may never get correct audio output without manually editing it in another software package after the fact. And yes, I've had at least one support call with Adobe on this topic and they'll put you through all kinds of time-consuming cache and .PEK deletion, etc., but these and other remedies don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a solution given for this yet?  I have the same problem.  I record audio (vocal and electric guitar in Reaper) and there are no clicks playing back in Reaper.  I export to a .WAV file from Reaper 48K 24bit.  There are no clicks in the .WAV file when played back in Adobe Audition.  I import the audio and the matching video into Adobe Premire and sync them.  There are clicks while playing back in Premiere and clicks when playing back the exported video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this if you haven't already:

DefaultAudioInputNoInput.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines