• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rare and Glitchy issues using Screen Record in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rare because I haven't seen anyone with this specific issue in the time I've been searching.

I've been dealing with this for about a year and I would love to figure out the root of the problem. I try and screenrecord my workflow on logic pro X using quicktime player– when I playback in the regular quicktime preview, it looks totally fine but when I put it into premiere, it starts to appear glitchy, sort of like a 'data moshing' effect. If you're unfamilar with the term 'datamoshing' here's a cool video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPa7SZs8Obc but in my case it's not cool and unintentional.

Not sure why it's doing this to my screenrecorded files in Premiere; it happens randomly throughout the video, on playback and export, distorting colours, parts having massive pixels like it was filmed in 280p. People tell me the effect looks cool, but I would honestly like to figure out how to make it normal. I'll post the specs of my computer below as well as try to upload a video of the issue. 

I've tried screen recording with other programs like loom and it actually works fine, however that costs monthly and quicktime is free. Ive tried wiping media caches from my iMac, the issue still persists. I've also tried to screenrecord on my 2013 macbook pro, OS catalina, same version of premiere pro, and I think it's the same version of quicktime too and it works perfectly as it should, however this computer has 3gb of free space... sorry for the novel but I am so perplexed by this issue. 

Now for the specs: 

I use a 2017 iMac (retina 5K, 27inch)

Processor 3.4 GHz quad core intel i5

memory 8gb 2400 MHz DDR4

graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB

and it's on BIG SUR, although this issue started last year with catalina. 

Ya so like I said, I would love to figure the root of this issue so I can get back to editing videos using screen recordings. Do you think it's a hardware issue, OS issue, Quicktime issue, or premiere issue?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ryan,

Have the EXACT same issue. I've also had it where imports into AE / Premiere have lost all of the grey's in the screen recording. (Not great when you're doing tutorials when there's A LOT of gradients.)

What's worked for me is running the videos through media encoder and exporting at Match Source at different file-types. The best seems to be MPEG-2. JPEG worked also, and mp4 kinda, but MPEG-2 seems to be the winner so far.

Hope this helps,

~ JD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quicktime works in Premiere Pro for me but I have an older version of Quicktime. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines