Highlighted

Re: if you only have premiere pro and you do not have after e...

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to scroll still image clips followed by a video clip? I've googled search this to death and could not find any tips on how to do this. video by Carlos is muted and I'm new to PP.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 11.07.22 AM.png

Above: Horizontal Left sequence. A still clip (text) followed by a video playing a makeup application. followed by another video, etc. i want all this to be grouped together and scrolling together. 

Any help would be welcome. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: if you only have premiere pro and you do not have after e...

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to scroll still image clips followed by a video clip? I've googled search this to death and could not find any tips on how to do this. video by Carlos is muted and I'm new to PP.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 11.07.22 AM.png

Above: Horizontal Left sequence. A still clip (text) followed by a video playing a makeup application. followed by another video, etc. i want all this to be grouped together and scrolling together. 

Any help would be welcome. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched this to a new thread since it was a different issue than the original post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 1
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way:

Create a new sequence the pixel height of the video and the pixel length of the videos plus the stills. insert the videos and stills.

Nest that sequence into the main sequence and keyframe the position to create a scroll.

Another way:

Keyframe the stills and videos individually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean have say the left side with text scrolling up with a solid background while the right side shows actual video? That's what I'm guessing from your text and image.

If so, yes ... 

• set your video on V1,
  • put a color matte on V2 (New Item/Color Matte) set for the color of background you want for the text,
  • and create a graphic clip roll with the Graphics workspace on V3.
  • move the horizontal position of the color matte on V2 to the left so it 'hides' the correct amount of the image screen for the text you will be using,
  • position and size the video on V1 so the correct part of the video shows,
  • type your text in your graphics clip including spacing with the Enter key to 'time' things.

Alternatively, you could use multiple graphics clips that perhaps fade in/out for each step rather than scrolling.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I attached a mockup of what i want to try and figure out. Does the info you gave still apply? I might not have been totally clear with my question. thanks again for your assistance. 

Scroll PP.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made this tutorial for another question that was similar, see if this helps you. The tutorial shows still images, but it works for video clips as well:

https://vimeo.com/331132986 

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meg the dog, thanks for that. I found it interesting about moving the clip and not touching keyframes ( timing of position via keyframe) but moving clip on another level. Very cool.

I thought you were a girl ( meg ) but now I suspect your dog is meg.

That was fun to discover.

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't wait to try it out. Super helpful! Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just replying so I can follow future posts about this very creative challenge. I haven't got a clue how to do this with any tools I have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda leaning toward what Peru said... custom project of normal video height but WAY longer video width ( equal to all elements ... video plus graphics )... so it look really LONG but is normal height for your video source ( 1080 for full HD for example )... and put stuff in as PIP ...then export as intermediate ( if PPro allows that size you end up with as an export ).

Then make new normal project of your source video dimensions and viewer applications ( full HD 16:9, etc.) and put your long snake intermediate in there and scroll it sideways with keyframes ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0