Re: Premier pro v14.6 crash when add track in timeline sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few days I am having problems that might be similer.  I add a subsequence to the timeline.  I then click on Play.  But then I can't stop the play.  The space bar or the Stop button do not work.  I cann't pull down menus or slide the timeline.  I have to let ot play to the end of the timeline, sometimes that's 30 minute from now.  The Premiere window will indicate it stopped responding, then returns, then stops again, on and on.  This started a few days ago.  I have since updated to latest version available in Creative Cloud and have rebooted the computer more than once.

This is getting frustrating and I'm losing a lot of time being idle.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: Premier pro v14.6 crash when add track in timeline sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few days I am having problems that might be similer.  I add a subsequence to the timeline.  I then click on Play.  But then I can't stop the play.  The space bar or the Stop button do not work.  I cann't pull down menus or slide the timeline.  I have to let ot play to the end of the timeline, sometimes that's 30 minute from now.  The Premiere window will indicate it stopped responding, then returns, then stops again, on and on.  This started a few days ago.  I have since updated to latest version available in Creative Cloud and have rebooted the computer more than once.

This is getting frustrating and I'm losing a lot of time being idle.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I followed the suggestion above to try a lower version.  I had to dial back to 14.3 before I could get control of the play and stop button.  So I'm going to try some editing with this version and see if it works better than 14.6 and below.  BTW, I am on a Dell XPS purchased in June, especially picked by the Dell sales rep to have the hardware specified by Adobe to use Premiere.  I would hope that its hardware hasn't been made obsolete by Adobe so soon.  If 14.3 acts up on me, then I might try the beta 14.8.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 1