• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Premiere Pro 14.4 is now available for download!

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Scene Edit Detection just CRASHED my computer TWICE! Everytime I try to use this tool, my computer turns off. This is a very serious issue, my desktop is new, this should not happen.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 4.16.44 PM.png

Premiere v14.4

System: macOS Cataline 10.15.6

Computer: iMac 2019 - 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried clearing out the cache files,  that seemed to work for other people.  Also, you identify two seemigly different outcomes..  A Crash, and your computer turnign off are two things to most people  If the application crashes or window crashes it can restart the computer with a seriose error, but if your system turns off and stays off when running scence detection for s while its more likly its over heating.   I have noticed this process takes significant GPU and Memory,  my CPU workload was light but that might be because I have 18 cores, less cores might be working harder.  Either way,  check your thermals, clear out the cache and see what happens.  also, make sure you are in fact at 14.4 and not runnign the beta for some reason.

if all that fails, maybe others will have some ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines