• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Premiere Pro | 4K monitor | Windows Scaling Enabled - PROBLEMS, BUGS, ISSUES

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This slew of problems with UI scaling have been around for years now. Adobe you have really dropped the ball on this.

Quite simply, I can't use mercury transmit unless there is no UI scaling at the operating system level. Adobe, this is beyond a joke. 4k isn't going away, so fix this immediately.

[Moderator note: made into new thread because of the current forum's difficult manner of nesting replies making old threads too cumbersome.]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your specifics? Number of monitors, OS, scalings you've tried?

I'm in Win10, using 200% on a BenQ PD2720U as my third monitor ... and that's my Transmit Out monitor.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

2 x 4K Monitors and 1 x HD TV. Both Premier and After Effects have the same problem. The fullscreen playback appears in the centre top of my second 4K monitor.

When scaling is set to 100% in Windows 10, everything works as expected. Set any other scaling, same problem but differing positions.

I've noticed some effects don't work as expected either. Timecode for example displays different font sizes/scales depending on the scaling factor.

Regards,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is screwy. I've played some changing my three monitors to different scalings, and it hasn't been bonkers. Why so different?

I've not seen that trashing preferences has been helpful for this. Nor have I seen any consistency in systems with this or like mine, without.

Sadly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil,

I'vc found a temporary fix that seems to work. If I set the HD monitor to the same scaling as the 4k monitors, the fullscreen preview works as expected. As I only use the HD monitor purely for this purpose, it's not a problem. If I was using it as a part of my desktop, running this at 175% would be a nightmare.

Still have the same problem with the timecode plugin though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines