• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconnect media from iCloud files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reconnect media that are located in my iCloud files. The problem is that the iCloud folder is inside the user library folder and this folder is not accessible is the Premiere Pro file explorer. What can i do?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/paste media on local drive first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le icloud folder IS on a local drive. But the folder is which it iosis hidden from the Premiere pro file eplorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icloud folder IS on a local drive. But the folder in which it is is hidden from the Premiere pro file eplorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think of what Ann wrote as "copy/paste to local, non-cloud synced storage first".

iCloud Drive isn't the right kind of storage for video editing - even when the files are synced to the local storage location.

If you decide to leave your source footage in the iCloud location, you can select "Offline All" or "Offline" in the Link Media dialog box and then use Replace Footage instead to use the macOS Import dialog box and get to files on the iCloud Drive.  Right-click an offline clip in the Project tab or Bin tab,  choose Replace Footage, press command shift i to go to the local iCloud location, then select the corresponding file.  Replacing a file with itself is the same a re-linking; however, this approach is one clip at a time.

Also, if you're going to keep using your iCloud Drive directly, consider a third party macOS utility that allows users to pause iCloud sync while editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem but just on my Macbook Air. I own also a Macbook Pro (both M1 chip) and Adobe Premiere shows the iCloud folder properly, which is inside User/Library/MobileDocuments. Not sese that it is unlisted only on the Macbook Air...

I'll write back here if I find a solution.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines