• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording from Windows Game Bar not working properly in Premiere.

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recorded something from my screen using the Windows game bar recorder (AKA Xbox Game Bar), however when importing the video into Adobe Premiere it looks bad and isn't decoded properly. It looks fine in Windows built in video player and VLC. What is the cause of this? Has anyone got any experience?

premiere_windows_gamebar.png

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen on other clips you import into Premiere?

Green usually indicates an issue with Premiere and Graphics card so you could try updating graphics card drivers.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Typically that type of thing indicates a GPU issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might also be an issue:

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

If the file is variable frame rate, which although Adobe says it will support, many users are having issues with VFR.

Use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Adobe does admit there can be problem with vfr footage.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll change my macro. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it is variable framerate. I don't have this problem with screen recordings from Nvidia Shadowplay for example, and I haven't experienced problems with other formats, but I am on a brand new PC/System so I don't have much experience with it yet. I could try installing another Nvidia Driver.

Transcoding with Media Encoder gives the same problem, I will try with Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

variable frame rate sources can intermittently cause issues so it's nearly impossible to predict when it will happen and exactly how it will manifest, so I think it's a good idea to just bite the bullet and convert to a constant frame rate.

If by some chance you have editready, it will also fix the issue and allows you to convert to prores at the same time which is my preferred source format...

https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready

it's not really cheap but a useful tool as it also combines spanned files into one file which can make your life much easier if you want to send an xml file from premiere to resolve to do your color correct.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tree_view.png

Screenshot from mediainfo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I've been seeing more of this green bar thing pop up and was just working with someone on a Discord channel that was having this issue. It seems to be a specific Gamebar issue. In particular, the green bar would show up when trying to record at a resolution that wasn't native to the monitor. If you are in the same situation (recording a different resolution or aspect ratio than your monitor's native settings) you may want to try changing that. Otherwise, I don't know if this is something that will get fixed with a windows update in the future, but you might consider a different recording method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i change that? because i have a 3440 by 1440 montier and im having the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Game Bar recording settings and choose the same resolution as your monitor. It might say "native." If it says scaling, make sure it's at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem and I cannot find something like this in my settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines