Highlighted

Recording Video and Audio simultaneously using Premiere Pro?

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m the author of a book that’s used in college courses. In the past, I’ve created slideshow videos in After Effects to supplement the book, and I’ve used Audition for recording and editing the narration. But now, with Covid, I’ve been asked to create an online course and they say it’s best if I include my talking head. So I’ll be putting my talking head in a small circle at the bottom of the slides.

I've heard it's possible to record audio in Premiere Pro, and I’m wondering if I can use Premiere Pro to record the video of my talking head from a Logitech C920 webcam and the audio from an external mic at the same time. It seems like it would make more sense to record both the video and audio simultaneously in Premiere Pro rather than trying to sync the audio and video files manually afterward. (I’ll create the slides in AE.)

I'm using a recent MacBook pro with the latest Mac OS and the latest version of Premiere Pro. If you have any advice about how to record the video and audio in Premiere Pro, I would be most appreciative. Thanks! --Paul

TOPICS
Audio, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Recording Video and Audio simultaneously using Premiere Pro?

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m the author of a book that’s used in college courses. In the past, I’ve created slideshow videos in After Effects to supplement the book, and I’ve used Audition for recording and editing the narration. But now, with Covid, I’ve been asked to create an online course and they say it’s best if I include my talking head. So I’ll be putting my talking head in a small circle at the bottom of the slides.

I've heard it's possible to record audio in Premiere Pro, and I’m wondering if I can use Premiere Pro to record the video of my talking head from a Logitech C920 webcam and the audio from an external mic at the same time. It seems like it would make more sense to record both the video and audio simultaneously in Premiere Pro rather than trying to sync the audio and video files manually afterward. (I’ll create the slides in AE.)

I'm using a recent MacBook pro with the latest Mac OS and the latest version of Premiere Pro. If you have any advice about how to record the video and audio in Premiere Pro, I would be most appreciative. Thanks! --Paul

TOPICS
Audio, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0

Have something to add?